Sign in to follow this  
foothilltom

Headlight "Buzzer System"

Howdy, does anybody know if our Mustangs are supposed to come with a "buzzer" system, i.e. some kind of gizmo that buzzes when the headlights are left on?

The shop manual CD I bought discussrd this system, but I can't locate where the relay or buzzer would go on my coupe.

I'm thinking these were not included in Mustang, but if anybody knows for sure, I'd sure appreciate knowing.

Tom

Never seen nor heard of one on an early Mustang (but I learn new stuff every day)

You're right, the shop manual mentions it's available on Ford, Mercury, Meteor, and Thunderbird models. I'm guessing (and I'm pretty sure about this) that it only came on more upscale models, not the Mustang.

They were an option and I believe they are part of the convenience group harness. I'm trying to remember if they were the clearish plastic relay with 3 or four prongs, or if they were the metal relay like here: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NOS-1970-1971-Ford-Thunderbird-Headlight-Warning-Relay_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem946d3231QQitemZ2490184241QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

I have a NOS one stashed away but it's been awhile since I've messed with the convenience group stuff.

In my 70 there's a buzzer for the key in the ignition and the door open. I disconnected it a loooong time ago.

Was it a clear plastic thing that kind of looked like an oversized fuse?