Sign in to follow this  
Dro69

front/rear speakers?

I have a 69 coupe, does anyone knows the speaker size? i have no speakers at all, I'm rewinring the entire car and want to start planning the audio in my mustang.

I was planning on putting some speakers in the vents under the dash, is it possible? i dont want to cut my doors.

To keep a stock appearance, you've got some options:

1. They sell dual-speaker units that mount in the stock AM radio dash location.

2. Add door speakers; the originals were 6"x8" (not 6x9)

3. They sell replacement kick panels (vent panels) with speaker pods molded in.

4. They sell replacement package trays with speaker pods for hardtops.

I'm debating between 1 & 3 (or both) for my vert, although I have some OEM red speaker grilles for the doors (I don't want to cut mine either)

google "69 Mustang speaker" or search any of the bigger Mustang supplier catalogs and you'll get some ideas.

Edited by 69RavenConv

yeah, i search in a couple of mustang vendors and only found kick panels for 65-68, the fact is that i live in mexico and is a little pricey and complicated to buy those things.

I was planning on a custom autosound ( still thinking about it for the bad comments ) or retrosound stereo, and some pioneer or sony speakers

Dro69,

To answer your original question, the dash speaker was 5x7, doors were 6x8.

Not sure what rear speakers were but you can put in anything that fits in a coupe.

thx for the :helpsmilie:

thx M3rol for stealing my thread..lol jk

:tongue_smilie: hehe you're welcome man.

sorry but as I told before, I'm rewiring my car and was thinking about the sound system and an alarm, then, i saw your thread, maybe we can come around with a couple of ideas for both of us.

sorry, I'm very rusty with my english:tongue:

I put speakers in the front vents. Taped over the small vent hole under the fender to keep dirt out of the car and speakers.I will post some pics. in the Gallery of this site.

Kaz's 69 Q code .I left everything but the doors in the vent, replaced the grille/kickpanel and looks original.( someone suggested I put speakers with integral blue light in the vent holes?? )

Kaz

no problem with your english i can also speak spanish if you want to type in spanish :)

thnx man, but I prefer to post in english so I can practice. You know, every chance is great to practice or improve my english.

today i took apart the complete dash and the old wire harness.. I'm not gonna put it all on place until I finish the rewiring, including speakers and radio, I also removed the lower dash, this way is easier to work.:tongue:

I put speakers in the front vents. Taped over the small vent hole under the fender to keep dirt out of the car and speakers.I will post some pics. in the Gallery of this site.

Kaz's 69 Q code .I left everything but the doors in the vent, replaced the grille/kickpanel and looks original.( someone suggested I put speakers with integral blue light in the vent holes?? )

Kaz

This is a good simple solution, but if you tape off the vent hole under fender you run the risk of water not draining from the cowling and damaging your speakers, or worse water leaking inside car. Best solution going this route is leaving it open and getting marine speakers.