Sign in to follow this  
very fat and very dumb

How much should I pay for a 69 GT Gas Cap

I don't think anyone sells new 69 GT gas caps yet. You can get 65-68 caps but the 69 only GT caps are few and far between. I have seen used 69 GT caps bring over $150.00 for a pitted up original. So I guess the price depends on how bad you want it and what your willing to pay.

If you plan on paying a decent price for one just make sure you are getting a real 69 GT cap. They are unique and have gear looking edge around the inside. A 67-68 GT top will fit a 69 base so watch out for that.

Edited by SlimeGold 69

I got ours 2 yrs ago off ebay for 350.00, only saw 3 more after that while doing the restoration on ebay, all of which went for more in less condition. I was up at 2:30 am to win that bid out of CA. I can tell you ours is nice used one, not sure what a nos would bring, but they are very rare!

I just got back from Barrett Jackson. While I was in Phoenix I picked up a GT cap, probably a 8 or 8.5, pretty nice, and a 351W aluminum Buddy Bar intake for $450 total. I guess these intakes were a dealer added option, I don't see any on ebay and little info on the web so far. C90X-9424A part number, I took a gamble on the intake does anyone know any thing about them? I might post another thread.

Sounds like you got a good deal there. I think the intake was a old Ford performance part you could get out of a catalog back in the day. Possibly even used on 69-70 GT 350's? Not really 100% sure tho. I have seen one on ebay before, but a long time ago.

I just got back from Barrett Jackson. While I was in Phoenix I picked up a GT cap, probably a 8 or 8.5, pretty nice, and a 351W aluminum Buddy Bar intake for $450 total. I guess these intakes were a dealer added option, I don't see any on ebay and little info on the web so far. C90X-9424A part number, I took a gamble on the intake does anyone know any thing about them? I might post another thread.

You got a great deal. I've seen the intakes go for near that on e-bay.