Sign in to follow this  
468stang

tire and wheel?

We put my 275/60/15 Et Street Radials Under my buddies 69 Mach with unrolled fender lips...Does ok as long as you dont ride a passanger over 200 lbs LOL.

The rim was a Stock Mag 500 15x8 stock offset.

that is a pretty good sixe tire for that car and fills the wheelwells pretty good

What size wheel do you intend to use? How tall to you want your sidewall? You will want to keep your tire diameter 27" or less. On my restomod, I am going to use 20"x10" rear wheels with 6 3/4" back spacing for a stock rear end. 6 3/4" backspacing may be pushing it but I can always use a spacer. 6 1/2 may not be enough with a 10" wheel. I am going with a 295/30/20 tire with some minor fine tuning of the wheel house. My friend has a 285 tire with a stock wheel house.

The member Grabber70mach on the VMF has 17x10.5 with 315 tires on the back of his car. I believe the quarter lips are rolled and minor "tweaking" of the stock wheelhouse was made with a BFH. I plan on doing the exact same to my mach.

http://forums.vintage-mustang.com/vintage-mustang-forum/603786-what-size-18-tires-my-69-a.html