Sign in to follow this  
Jayru

Was a good idea in my mind...

I've never been a fan of late model wheels on vintage cars, but i've been seeing so many lately in magazines that i'm starting to come around to the idea.

One of my all time favorite modern wheels are the Volk TE37's. I had a set of LE 37's on my TT 300Z back in the day and they looked fantastic!

So it got me thinking, Te 37's on a 69? My car's a forest green, so i thought a Bronze wheel would compliment it. Also, the TE 37's have an aggressive boxy spoke. This all made for a really good looking car in my head.

Well i photoshoped it today (not very well - i did it in 5 minutes), and i'm not really digging it at all. The car would have to be lowered, but still, not what i expected.

Thoughts?

I'm starting to come around as I've looked at the pic a bunch now. I think the biggest problem for me is how the bronze fights the chrome on the car (hadn't thought of that originally). If the car was blacked out (no chrome), it would probably look a lot better.

I may try Photoshoping the gunmetal ones with a polished lip on there!

To start, the wheels probably aren't to scale so thats why they look weird. Another reason why it looks weird is because you have a lot of chrome on the car, a lot of green on the car, and then wheels that don't incorporate the over all look of the car. They kinda clash. That being said, I actually think this would look really good and unique if you do it well. I had thought about a similar design but since I already have billet wheels I never got to mess with the idea. You're right, i think that color would compliment the green. Add a polished lip to the wheels or remove the wheel and rocker moldings. IMO. I like how these look...

Copper anodize all your chrome trim now. ;)

2nd

The style wheel isn't bad, and maybe there's some perspective problems with the shop, but you can't get around brushed anodized on a bright chrome car. You'd have to get them to match, somehow...IMHO.