Sign in to follow this  
fro_drummer

69 spoiler

I am wanting to buy a spoiler for my 69 coupe. I may be alone in my opinion but all the spoilers I have seen look a little too tall (MU, Year one, etc). They look great on the fastbacks but look a little awkward on the coupes. Wondering if anyone has seen a spoiler that has a slightly lower profile or how hard it would be to shorten the vertical arms/pillars to get a sleeker look. I want a car that looks good, and the whole "push-mower" look just doesn't appeal to me.

Agreed with your analysis. My son bought a spoiler for his coupe and after many "test fittings", he just didn't like the look at all. I had to concur. I didn't like the look or the mounting situation. I think these things look great on sportsroof cars, but not so much on the coupe.

Anybody want to buy a new (never installed) spoiler? :)

Tom

Agreed with your analysis. My son bought a spoiler for his coupe and after many "test fittings", he just didn't like the look at all. I had to concur. I didn't like the look or the mounting situation. I think these things look great on sportsroof cars, but not so much on the coupe.

Anybody want to buy a new (never installed) spoiler? :)

Tom

Dont ship it with UPS!:scared:

The 1971 thru 73 spoilers have a shorter pedestal and narrower bolt down spacing. I have a factory one for a 71 that I'm not going to use because I have a 69 Mach that I would part with, and I have both tall and short pedestals with it.

Are the repro's plastic or fiberglass? I may just need to do some cutting. Anyone ever constructed a spoiler from scratch? I figured I could build my own with an interior skeleton (reinforced) wrapped in steel or aluminium sheeting of some sort. Much like the way they construct an airplane wing. I want something that is less "attention grabbing" and more subtle. Something that flows well with the body lines and stance of the car. Sure it would be time consuming.... But what ISN'T time consuming when restoring these cars???