Sign in to follow this  
1969Grande

Grande Owners

I am just wondering if any other Grande owners get p*ssed off at the lack of respect for a Grande Mustang. As a specialty Mustang it should be treated as such. Several Mustang shows I have seen lately have entry classes for general base Mustangs then break it down into a specialty i.e. Boss, Mach 1, California Special etc., but is there ever a Grande class? HELL NO! They just throw you in the general class like its just another coupe. I will stop my rant now.

ForceFed's is looking real sharp! I hope my 70 Grande turns out that nice!

My plan is just to out handle, out personalize and out drive all of the Mach's and trailer queens around here. :biggrin: I really dont care what people say... very few do ALL the work themselves like I do. The people that are honest with themselves say, "wow, that's what it's all about, building it from nothing yourself."

Well if I was in to "showing" I wouldnt want to put a Grande against a Boss or something, I'd rather be judged fairly against other coupes. Having helped organize a local Mustang club show, categorize, make a point system for modified, etc... it's not easy.

Yeah I think maybe you are taking this just a touch to personal. First of all the grande's are a limited group true but their really just aren't enough of them that go to the shows to merit their own category. The rarity of a boss almost ensures that someone will do a concourse type resotration on one just becasue of it's values, alot of grande's I see don't even look like grande's anymore, people strip off the vinyl and the badges and they seem like any other coupe so I think more blame goes to the owners that the shows. Coupes have always garnered less respect even though they have the highest production numbers and really a grande is first and foremost a fancy coupe designed purely to keep the Cougar crowd buying a Mustang. You just don't see people scouring the country side to own a Grande or desiring one since they were young and finely buying one. Look how popular a GT model is/was but you don't see many GT only classes. How would like to be the guy with a plain jane 6cyl parked next to a decked out GT at a show?

I'm a "the glass is half full" kind of guy so rather than being pissed about it I would look at it as my Grande has a much better shot of sticking out and garnering the judges attention in a sea of coupes than it does in a pond of grande's.

If you are that passionate about it though than don't take it sitting down, change it! Start an online Grande registry, assemble the strength of numbers and make people take notice!

i have been to shows in the past where i was one of two 69 coupes in the show... got a trophy..... i beat the other one, but... ya know... i had a 50/50 chance. :whistling: i cant recall seeing any grande 69's at any local shows of late in the last few years..

I own a 69 coupe and would just say grandes seem to be like the coupes when it comes to the general public opinion. Without exception when I tell people I own a 1969 mustang the very first thing out of their mouth is "COOL! is it a fastback?" Seems fastbacks are the favorite children of the mustang world but I personally love my little S code 69 coupe.

You can't force people to care about your car, you either get a car people like or don't worry about what they say.

I owned 68-70 AMX's for 25 years and you talk about no repect, I got used to it but I was never brand loyal I liked all muscle cars so I changed brands not to please eveyone else but because I was sick of the parts situation.

Any super nice car will get noticed even if it isn't the most desirable model, you just have to earn it because it won't come as easy as a Boss mustang or a Hemi Mopar that's an instant hit no matter what condition.

There are just not many Grandes being fixed up and shown. Out of all the shows I've got since my Grande was completed there is usually either one other or none. Locally there is a Meadowlark Yellow one that attends a couple shows and at the MCA National in Van Nuys there was one that had been owned by the same family since new.

Like it was mentioned earlier many have lost their identity with different wheels, swapped interiors and no stripes.