Sign in to follow this  
d.reese

Its done and finally out grazing!

Goat gone wild, whoa what a task to push through these last couple of weeks of 100 deg +. Its done, but with no power steering or air, reminds me of seeing my dad and mom driving these old cars back in the day! Hot Hot Hot!:sweatdrop:

Edited by d.reese

Nice early goat! Nice neighborhood your in too. Do you commute to Dallas for work?

Thanks guys! Commute to Dallas for work, no I commute to Grand Prairie then to numerous construction sites a day around the dfw area. Started residential hvac in 73, high rise comercial hvac in 82, project supt to project manager. Now dfw feild safety coordinator. Last 23 years with the same bunch, they pay all the gas.

Construction has allways been good to our family, considering no college deg. on my end.

Edited by d.reese

very nice!! my dad had a 66 GTO close to a midnight blue (ford) color.. with 3 2's and i guess it was a 389? wish he had it now..:tongue_smilie: i have heard the stories of holding the gas pedal down to the floor for long trips back in between college and home... 100+ mph for a long stretch... said that motor ran for ever. sad thing.. he traded it in on a 68 Grandprix .. regretted it ever since.

when me an all my friends were getting our cars back in high school i got my 69 GT, my friend David got a 71 camaro RS and another friend got a 66 or 67 Goat, it was that really pretty light gold color and it was a 100% gennie original right down to the 14" wire hubcaps and of course the 389 tri-power and 4 speed. within a couple of weeks, though, he had a set of 15" cragars, air shocks, a bitchin' (for the time, this was 1984) stereo, tinted windows and air shocks so it was absolutely lookin the part, it wasn't long before the car had a 428 tri-power though and he stashed the 389 in the garage, he put the 428 in to keep the miles off the 389.......yeah right....LOL