Sign in to follow this  
coz

Possible new build and good parts source....

Well I'm again looking to replace my engine with a BB. I really want a Roush 521EFI but might have found something even cooler and slightly less expensive....

http://www.stangnet.com/images/stories/2008/11/Kaase_Boss_589/intro/Kaase_Boss_589_Mustang_intro.JPG

That is an all aluminum 460 with Boss 9 head setup. It will be a total departure from how I am setup know. But with an aluminum block / heads I should be able to keep the weight #'s down. Fitment in the bay might be tight as seen here.

Also - while doing some research I found this web site. Some good prices and hard to find parts here.

http://www.racepartsdistribution.com/

Edited by coz

C and C Motor Sports now owns the 460 block and while talking to them today, I got some ideas on the heads and such. Basically their 460 block and 429 heads will get you around 600hp out of the box with a stroke kit and it goes up from there. What I like is 400+ HP around 2k rpm while peaking at 600hp / 635tq well before 6k. Real tire killer of an engine. Interesting thing is the all aluminum setup is around 65lb lighter than my small block.

Shock towers need notching but the hemi head will allow for easier access to the plugs.

This is a very costly adventure so I am proceeding slowly. I plan on doubling the price quote to err on the safe side. The block is 5700 and heads are around 7000 so I'm going to make sure I know the "true" costs. I still have the Hydroboost and Randle's Rack to install along with some brake work and interior upgrades.

All in the face of this economy - I must be Nucking Futs....

This is a very costly adventure so I am proceeding slowly. I plan on doubling the price quote to err on the safe side. The block is 5700 and heads are around 7000 so I'm going to make sure I know the "true" costs.

All in the face of this economy - I must be Nucking Futs....

Oh lord this is the big one Elizabeth, I'm comin for ya honey..........

Sanfordd.jpg

I'm guessing the G stands for "God Damn boy, what are you thinking?"