Sign in to follow this  
Pakrat

What ever happened to............

I think we can all come up with more than one member that we enjoyed watching their project and then suddenly they just disappeared.:blink: I was looking for something today and suddenly wondered, what the heck ever happened to BlackGMC ?????????? Last I remember he got a piece of flying shrapnel in his eye and was on the mend. That was almost a year ago and he had only joined like a year prior to that. He was building one hell of a custom clydesdale out of his stang and I'd love to know what came of it.

Anyone else got a MIA Stanger they miss?

fwiw, I'm still around but in "read only" mode. My car is doing great, and it's a daily driver now...except when it rains. I swear, sometimes people almost come out of their cars giving me the "high sign" or the "thumbs up" when I drive by. One guy in an 18-wheeler last week actually opened his door and was swinging out of it waving at me.

My car gets me almost too much attention.....

Well he's a natural AWOL, I was going to say him too but he's not just a customer, he's a mod for pete's sake.:huh: You should strip his status Ben and see of that makes him pop up.:whistling:

I disapear a lot. I juggle many hobbies. My Mustang restoration is my boring hobby. I also have a streetbike that I've heavily modified and invested my life into. Plus guns and drinking take up a large part of my time. Then comedy is up there too.

I'll update my thread when I get back in town, I've gotten a lot of body work done over the past few months.

Here's my bike if anyone cares......(You can click it to see more on my myspace)

3.jpg

Ditto.

yeah..Trinitys

Well he's a natural AWOL, I was going to say him too but he's not just a customer, he's a mod for pete's sake.:huh: You should strip his status Ben and see of that makes him pop up.:whistling:

Wow......you guys do love me!:huh:

I've been around, I delete alot of spam mostly. Wanna see my current project? hint hint........it's not a car :blink:

I just got done building a new house in Texas. We moved in a week ago! It took a lot of time and self control to get that project done. As soon as all the moving boxes and BS are out of the damn garage, the mustang has a new home! The car is sitting under the expensive ass California car cover I bought a few years ago……at my Mom’s place.

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

I’ll be honest, since I got out of the navy in July 07, I’ve been extremely busy trying to make life “normal†for the family. I haven’t done anything except wash the car, put on a new set of plug wires and plan, plan, plan for a few future endeavors! <o:p></o:p>

<o:p></o:p>

The car is basically how I left it when I went on my last deployment in the Navy. I had just dropped the fresh 351w, mass-flo, new fuel system, mew master cylinder yadda yadda into the car, got it running drove it a couple times and parked it. It still has bugs from all the work, idea like crap and I need to reroute the hard line off of the master cylinder away from the headers. And really do all the final stuff like tie back the wiring, get the car tuned and just basically finish off the little stuff. I will, trust me! As soon as my wife gets her stuff out of MY garage so I can dig out the tools…this will be real soon…I can’t even see my welder for Pete’s sake!<o:p></o:p>

<o:p></o:p>

So am I guilty of ignoring you guys….YES…..am I guilty of not being the uber-diligent multi forum all around cool in general guy I was the day this forum hit the streets….yes……will I make a mends…..only time will tell!!<o:p></o:p>

Here are a few pix.........

l_a00f18c1e62745ed9332487df0c29f00.jpg

l_23f5e29c4e2b41bfb4ba65bd354b6df7.jpg

nice E, i've been trying to sell my GT so we can buy a house too, but don't fret i have another project to replace it, well not really replace it since it was my first car but it will at least take some of the sting out of selling it, once it actually gets sold anyway. the market for classic stangs is so bad right now that i've just been sitting on the car and occassionally driving it until the market comes back some, hopefully spring time.

anyway the project i got to replace it is a 69 cougar. it's got a 351w 2v, FMX auto, power steering, AC and manual drum brakes. it's light aqua colored with a white painted top and a perfect black interior.....even most of the paint is original but it had some body work done on the passenger side at one time so it's stripped down and primered on that side and the passenger door is in my shed, only has one small rust spot on the passenger 1/4 panel and the front of corners of both doors. the best news is that the car only has 64,000 miles and was originally owned by a little old spanish lady who didn't drive it much. the car has been sitting since 96 when my buddy that i bought it from started tearing it down to restore. he started losing his sight soon after he began tearing the car town and has had 3 cornea transplants since them so he sold the car to me for $1200.....cheap at twice the price