Sign in to follow this  
GT350

my new 69 fastback project 351c 4 speed shaker

90397066_1.jpg

90397066_4.jpg

90397066_2.jpg

DSCF0505_580x435.jpg

DSCF0422_580x435.jpg

351C 4bbl heads, Holley 750, Edelbrock dual plane manifold, custom radiator, MSD, electronic distributor, real shaker hoodscoop / ram air, K&N filter, PS, Power disks, fiberglass hood, rear wheel fender flares, KYB shocks, Pro Motorsports Engineering front suspension mod, front / rear sway bar, stiff & lowered front springs, Rear spring lowering block, new front ball joints & steering linkage, trunk battery w/ 00 gage cables. Interior is original, rare "maroon" red, new dash pad & carpet, center console, horn ring works great, all gauges and clock work, has air conditioning set up but no plumbing forward of firewall. 4speed T-10, 9" rear w/ 3.25 gears, dual exh w/ "turbo tube muffler". Magnum 500 15x8 front, custom 15x10 rear, BF Goodrich 265s and 295s. New tail light assy, new chrome door handles and other trim pieces. This car needs a coat of paint and the engine freshened (not rebuilt). It was garage kept for 15 years. Engine ran great w/ nearly 400 hp. This car has over $20000 invested w/ receipts and is a ton of fun to drive. Many new parts and other spare parts too many to list.

very nice, me likey!!!!!!! do those front tires clear everything without rubbing? any chance you could measure the backspacing on the front wheels for us? that is an awesome look and i'd like to try and replicate it on my 69 cougar. reminds a lot of an old trans am racer or early 80's canyon carver/mulholland drive street brawler.

That will look sweet, you going to go with the flat black on the hood treatment. I've seen it on the 03 Mach's and love the way it contrasts.

yes i will go semi-gloss mach 1 style black paint on hood.javed

Thanks guys i will measure the wheel's backspacing when the car gets over here to scotland u.k in about 4 weeks time its still in maryland usa.javed

thanks Javed, i would really appreciate that very much.

BTW, BFG no longer makes the 265/50-15 but there are a few other companies that do, i'll see if i can dig up some info for you on them

That is great to see it made the trip in one piece. My dad had a car shipped from the UK back to the states when he was in the military, they dropped it...

The garage in the picture, is that the only place you have to work on your cars? Looks crowded.

contrats on getting you car. cant wait to see more pics.

That is great to see it made the trip in one piece. My dad had a car shipped from the UK back to the states when he was in the military, they dropped it...

The garage in the picture, is that the only place you have to work on your cars? Looks crowded.

contrats on getting you car. cant wait to see more pics.

The garage is crowded but its extended further out back where i keep all the parts/tools/work benches etc

Hi – I am a newbie and enjoying this forum. GT350 – your project is interesting to me because I recently bought a similar project with flared rear fenders and would like to fill up the wheel well with rubber. Where did you find the 15x10 Magnums? Are the rear and front suspension stock or did anything have to be modified to fit the bigger tires? Do the fronts rub at all?

i sold this 69 sportsroof to my pal spencer as i have another 69 mach 1.here are some of his pics as the car is now.The 351c and shaker motor i have and he replaced them with a nasty 427 stroker

ESTPICS259-1.jpg

ESTPICS261-1.jpg

ESTPICS260-1.jpg

ESTPICS258-1.jpg

ESTPICS256-3.jpg

ESTPICS254-4.jpg

ESTPICS253-4.jpg

ESTPICS250-3.jpg

ESTPICS251-4.jpg

ESTPICS249-3.jpg

ESTPICS262-1.jpg

Edited by GT350