Sign in to follow this  
Mattmustangman1969

Exhaust

Hey guys,

I'm pretty new to this website site, so I hope I am asking this in the right area of the forums. My questions is what are you guys are doing for Exhaust? as far are side pipes, out the back, turn downs, what type of mufflers.... I used to have exhaust running out the back in the original location (on either side of the Tank) however side pipes are pretty sick. and I just finished the Tri-link in the rear so it time for exhaust.

So what are you guys doing?

Matt

Edited by Mattmustangman1969
miss spell

I know a fair amount of us are running the 2.5" MagnaFlow SS exhaust system. I love mine. It is out the back with 45* tips.

+1 except I am still looking for either a more correct dual tip in 2.5" or modding the stock one to fit as one of our other members has done.

I have hedman headers on a 351w (shorties) w/Flowmasters 2 1/4 dual pipes with turn downs. I am going to change the pipes to come out back instead with dual tips like original outside look. The turn downs sound real good right now, except when I detail and wash the Stang and give it gas,the exhaust blows a bunch of Dust of the floor getting my car dirty again in No time.

Hey j's69, those turn downs do sound great, but at cars shows when one pulls through, you can see the people start bitching for all the dirt and dust they kick up!

Ours is Flowmaster to the rear with the split tail pipes, sounds great to us.

Hedman long-tube headers, 2.5" custom exhaust with Flowmaster mufflers straight out the back; no cross-over pipe. I think that I will eventually go to Hooker Xtreme flow mufflers; they flow the same cfm as a 2.5" straight pipe.