Sign in to follow this  
69RavenConv

2009!!!

Ok, I know it's only August, 2008, but as I'm showing my Marti report to a friend today, I realized that next year, our beloved toys turn 40 (mine was built on 06/04/69). Some of you may actually have cars built this year. Maybe we could put together a calendar with everyone's build date on it. Ok, maybe not, but I'm gonna try to think of something to do with the Mustang next June 4th.

Ok, I know it's only August, 2008, but as I'm showing my Marti report to a friend today, I realized that next year, our beloved toys turn 40 (mine was built on 06/04/69). Some of you may actually have cars built this year. Maybe we could put together a calendar with everyone's build date on it. Ok, maybe not, but I'm gonna try to think of something to do with the Mustang next June 4th.

I don't have my door tags anymore, my doors were changed a longgggg time ago, and only the long lost paper trail holds the secret to my baby :(

you can get them from Marti Auto. just FYI.

my cars (the stang and the coug) were both built in november 68, within 3-4 days of each other.

I don't have my door tags anymore, my doors were changed a longgggg time ago, and only the long lost paper trail holds the secret to my baby :(

you can get them from Marti Auto. just FYI.

my cars (the stang and the coug) were both built in november 68, within 3-4 days of each other.

Just last week it was our 25th Anniversary together. I bought it July 29, 1983

That's awesome, but I got ya beat on that one - June 11, 1974. It was sitting in a gas station in Norwalk, Connecticut with a For Sale sign in the window. Still got the original bill of sale.

:tongue_smilie:

Just last week it was our 25th Anniversary together. I bought it July 29, 1983

That's awesome, but I got ya beat on that one - June 11, 1974. It was sitting in a gas station in Norwalk, Connecticut with a For Sale sign in the window. Still got the original bill of sale.

:tongue_smilie:

Ours has been in the family about 2 yrs!

Buy heres the skinny on her:

Her DSO item# 8264

She was conceived, serialized and bucked: 11/22/68!

Scheduled for build: 12-5-68.

Actually built: 12-4-68.

Released: 12-5-68.

All that at Dearborn.

Sold: 6-14-69.

She was premiture by 1 day:

Born again on 9-1-07!

475 with paint code

85 Paint/trim code

1681 engine/ trans cdes

223 from this DSo

4,585 power disc brakes.

Some body help me here, what is DSO?

Ours has been in the family about 2 yrs!

Buy heres the skinny on her:

Her DSO item# 8264

She was conceived, serialized and bucked: 11/22/68!

Scheduled for build: 12-5-68.

Actually built: 12-4-68.

Released: 12-5-68.

All that at Dearborn.

Sold: 6-14-69.

She was premiture by 1 day:

Born again on 9-1-07!

475 with paint code

85 Paint/trim code

1681 engine/ trans cdes

223 from this DSo

4,585 power disc brakes.

Some body help me here, what is DSO?

DSO is the ordering district. my mustang had a Houston DSO and the cougar had a Dallas DSO. the cougar was sold new here in Lubbock so it was either ordered in Dallas and transferred to Lubbock or West Texas didn't have a specific ordering district and used the Dallas district instead. i'm not real clear on that one exactly, i'm sure a Marti report would tell me or an invoice or something.

DSO is the ordering district. my mustang had a Houston DSO and the cougar had a Dallas DSO. the cougar was sold new here in Lubbock so it was either ordered in Dallas and transferred to Lubbock or West Texas didn't have a specific ordering district and used the Dallas district instead. i'm not real clear on that one exactly, i'm sure a Marti report would tell me or an invoice or something.

believe it or not the PNW is the holy grail of rust free parts for a lot of cars, especially cougars. one of the biggest cougar wrecking yards around is in washington state and they have more rust free sheetmetal than yards in cali.

i thought the same as you that it would be hard to find anything rust free up there where it rains so much but i guess it doesn't snow a lot and they don't use any salt on the roads there or something

believe it or not the PNW is the holy grail of rust free parts for a lot of cars, especially cougars. one of the biggest cougar wrecking yards around is in washington state and they have more rust free sheetmetal than yards in cali.

i thought the same as you that it would be hard to find anything rust free up there where it rains so much but i guess it doesn't snow a lot and they don't use any salt on the roads there or something