Sign in to follow this  
SELLERSRODSHOP

new tips

i finally got around to cutting off the godawful exhaust tips that hung down in "no-man's land" under the car. i put some tips i had laying around in the shop on with some new pipe extensions bent to raise the tips up into the rear valance. since it's getting a new valance, figured this one would be a good pattern to cut on. i'll form the cutouts on the new panel around the new tips & probably box in the cutouts for a finished look

p.s. i won't tell what the tips are from just yet... i'll wait for some comments first!

Personally, i like em. They look a bit bigger than the stock ones I have on mine. When i went to have my engine dyno'ed, they couldn't put the sniffer in the tail pipe because the opening on the stock tips were too small so i never found out the gas/air mixture. I was looking for some tips that are close to stock looking but bigger.

Look nice, are they Cadillic tips?

they are late 90's cadillac eldo tips. i think they still use them on some of the deville & dts models. i used to have a bunch of them around here that i cut off of warranty replacements for bad converters. they may be the same as the vette, not sure.

Look nice, are they Cadillic tips?

they are late 90's cadillac eldo tips. i think they still use them on some of the deville & dts models. i used to have a bunch of them around here that i cut off of warranty replacements for bad converters. they may be the same as the vette, not sure.

I just received my new rear valance with exhaust cutouts. I also received a pair of the original style tips with rolled ends. Do ya'll not like the original?? I was very suprised to see how small they are myself. I like the duell pipe but thought they should be larger diameter. Did I waiste my money?? Will they look like crap? They are still in the package and I can send them back. What's the pros and cons of these tips?? Thanks, James

I just received my new rear valance with exhaust cutouts. I also received a pair of the original style tips with rolled ends. Do ya'll not like the original?? I was very suprised to see how small they are myself. I like the duell pipe but thought they should be larger diameter. Did I waiste my money?? Will they look like crap? They are still in the package and I can send them back. What's the pros and cons of these tips?? Thanks, James

I think most would agree that the stock tips look great James the problem is that most of us have also gone with a much larger exhaust sytem for better performance so if you choke it back down to the stock size at the end just so you can still use the stock tip than it makes it useless. I myself now have a 2 1/2" stainless system so I have been searching for a matching size dual tip that is stainless also and looks like the original, not too many choices though right now for this and none that I have seen had a rolled lip. The biggest issue is getting past the leaf spring, that's why the stock tip has those dents on each side at the Y.

I think most would agree that the stock tips look great James the problem is that most of us have also gone with a much larger exhaust sytem for better performance so if you choke it back down to the stock size at the end just so you can still use the stock tip than it makes it useless. I myself now have a 2 1/2" stainless system so I have been searching for a matching size dual tip that is stainless also and looks like the original, not too many choices though right now for this and none that I have seen had a rolled lip. The biggest issue is getting past the leaf spring, that's why the stock tip has those dents on each side at the Y.

emabarrassed to say this, well really that i know it, but why would anyone want to put a Hello Kitty exhaust tip on their car? please, please tell me that's a photoshop or something and that they aren't real.

my daughter loves hello kitty which is the only reason i even knew what that was. every time we go into the automotive section at wal mart she starts looking for any kind of hello kitty, floor mats, steering wheel covers or whatever and tries to talk me into buying them for my wife's escape

emabarrassed to say this, well really that i know it, but why would anyone want to put a Hello Kitty exhaust tip on their car? please, please tell me that's a photoshop or something and that they aren't real.

my daughter loves hello kitty which is the only reason i even knew what that was. every time we go into the automotive section at wal mart she starts looking for any kind of hello kitty, floor mats, steering wheel covers or whatever and tries to talk me into buying them for my wife's escape

What size was the original exhaust pipes on my 69 mach 1?? It has a 351w 4v. If I use hedders and the original duel exhaust tips what size pipe should I use?? How much horse power will I loose?? I'm not going to race it. I will just cruise and go to car shows. Will it sound like crap with a set of Smithy's glass pack mufflers?? Some advise please. Thanks, James

What size was the original exhaust pipes on my 69 mach 1?? It has a 351w 4v. If I use hedders and the original duel exhaust tips what size pipe should I use?? How much horse power will I loose?? I'm not going to race it. I will just cruise and go to car shows. Will it sound like crap with a set of Smithy's glass pack mufflers?? Some advise please. Thanks, James