ihateclowns

Looking For Radiator & Electric Fan Ideas

if you have the room and if it will fit the fan from a 94 Taurus is a powerful fan/ shroud unit, its a two speed fan a lot of off road guys use them and it definitely is stronger than the zirgo 3000cfm I purchased. you can get them new at carquest for about 120.00 or pick your own part for about 20.00

if you have the room and if it will fit the fan from a 94 Taurus is a powerful fan/ shroud unit, its a two speed fan a lot of off road guys use them and it definitely is stronger than the zirgo 3000cfm I purchased. you can get them new at carquest for about 120.00 or pick your own part for about 20.00

Taurus fan ftw!!

These double fans are from a Cougar but also come in the Contour and Mestique.

the Taurus fan wont fit with this radiator because its way to thick.

These double fans are 2 speed and pull more or as much CFM as the Taurus fan and draw less amps AND fit perfectly unlike the taurus unit

Mike do you mind posting a pic of how you mounted them on the side of the rad ? From what I can see is just a long mounting bolt through a shroud tab onto the side of the rad, but I don't see a spacer/cushion used between the shroud and the rad. I think I would be a little worried about stress cracking or tab breaking over time from when the fans are running full speed. Thx

Edited by stangnet33
spell

I split some windshield washer tubing down one side and pressed it on to the shroud to make a seal and keep shroud from hitting the radiator.

There are 2 long mounting bolts through those 2 tabs on each side that screw into the radiator side brackets... I am probably gonna make some thin metal tabs to lay over the plastic ones and rivet them to the shroud its self for added protection but the plastic tabs are pretty rigid and in the Cougar they are what holds the fan up along with 2 10mm bolts that simply keep it from tilting back, so all the weight is on the tabs.

I can post ya better pics tonight

I just have to now figure out the best way to wire them without spending a fortune on a controller...I want them to run on low and high.

I have a Torqueflow dual fan controller but its for dual fans with one speed I want dual fans with 2 speeds.... I also grabbed 2ea 70Amp relays and control boxes for the relays while I was at the junk yard...these fans are supposed to both be able to run on less than 70 amps

I believe on this set up the right fan(passenger side) would only run when coolant hit around the 210* mark. I'm going to try and go over to see a bud at the Ford dealership to confirm this plus get the wiring schem to see what/how they are controlled. Hopefully they are not totally reliant on the PCM. Maybe this will help to insure I get everything that could be usable from the scrap yard.

I ended up getting all of the stuff from the harness I could get to include the little coil like resistor in the shroud, as well as the resistor that absorbs the energy from the fan run on after they are shut off and continue to make juice.

I also grabbed some relay centers and 70 amp ford relays and found out how to take them apart and make what I wanted.

I decided to try one of the cheap Torqueflow "Haden" fan controllers to control 2 of the 70 amp relays and just run the fans on high when needed but after wiring all the shit up the damn controller didnt even work, then I read how bad they are, boy was I not happy, good thing I didnt mount it in place.

Think Im just going to get a Delta Control unit if I can get the guy to email me back