Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pakrat

Anyone have a pic of a 69' with 17" Hopsters?

If I can negotiate a huge discount price compared to my AR500's then I might consider this wheel as alternate since it's the only other American Racing wheel I even remotely like but I would love ot see it on a car first.

3361.jpg

Well, I have never been a huge fan since every other Mustang you see for 40 years seems to have some variation of it, I just think they are boring and played out to death. Plus according to Mustang Steve just about any TT wheel is a problem with the 13" disc kit I got from him.

I've been looking for a pic of a '69 with Hopsters as well, but haven't been able to find one. You can barely find a picture of them on ANYTHING (which is a huge plus in my book).

I'm dead set on 17" Hopsters myself, though. If you find any pics, please post them.

Wow, SoCal, that is a sic ride man! Love the wheel/big brake package. How well does it stop? I know that's a weird question, but I wanna know if the difference is worth the price.

Those Hopsters are nice Pak. I wish I had went with them. I haven't seen any on 69's, but I have seen them on 65 and 66s. Again, it is a good thing that not too many are rollin' around with them. You also should be able to get them a tad over $1200.(minus tires)

Are you running spacers on those Boyd's? They don't look custom backspaced. That's one of the factors I was considering when staying with an American Racing wheel. I think they may be a little pricier too.

I still don't know what the heck I am going to do. I really really wanted those AR500's.

No spacers, I just followed the specs from Dodgestang chart. I used to have TT2 with my other car and just wanted to have something different from the majority of wheels. And yes, they are a little bit more $$.

I understand what you're going through, I had too many choices and really comes down to you and your pocket.

SoCal69GT, your car has the perfect stance and the wheel/tire combo looks great too but have you ever considered painting the pinch line under the car satin/flat black? I think that would finish it off beautifully.

have you ever considered painting the pinch line under the car satin/flat black? I think that would finish it off beautifully.

Yeah, that's on my to do list with some of the suspension components that got sprayed on at the paint shop.

Thanks,

Jun

Nope, those aren't Hopsters...they look like Boyds. They're still very similar (although I still like Hopsters better), and give a near-enough what a '69 will look like with them.

The link I posted of the 69 with them gives me a good enough of an idea what it will look like. It seems that they have the same type of center cap as a TT wheel does so I guess you could put a custom Mustang one on there too like the vendors sell.

I'm still not sure what they hell I am going to do.

I'm still not sure what they hell I am going to do.

The Hopsters are nice but they kinda look similar to the Magneato of Boyds. If that was me I would just spend that extra $$ and get the Magnum since that's the one that you had your heart set on. And those are really nice.

Yeah I know but it's not a money issue, I've already paid for them a long time ago. It's having the money tied up on an order that may only get filled at some undetermined time in 2008 and not being able to use my car until them.