Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DarkBuddha

One more in the gene pool

For those that have been here a while will notice that I've been a rare sight on any forum in quite a while. Well in addition to doctoral studies and classes, teaching near full time, raising a 2 year old, and picking up a Merkur XR4Ti project, we also welcomed our second kid into the world last night at 12:10am.

Born 7 lbs., 12 oz., 19" long, here's Jack:

img1215smallgt8.jpg

Mother and son are doing wonderfully, no complications, no trauma (except for the very long intense induced labor). The kid is perfect, but his older brother (almost 3 now) is gonna take some time to get used to having a sibling. It'll work out.

Just thought I'd share my little update. :)

Thanks for the kind words. I'm pretty psych'd, even if I am a bit sleep deprived. Jack is spectacular and his older brother has really taken to him (I'm sure the resentment is coming soon though). It really is great right now.

On a Mustang related note, I've been rethinking some of my build... might be looking for a 5.0 donor to do a turbo'd EFI stroker (probably with a Megasquirt SAFC). I've also definitely decided to go with a r&p conversion too (Randall's for sure). I'm also looking to do the Cobra front brake and SN95 rear disc conversion (instead of the Mark VIIs). And eventually, I think I'd like to do an airbag suspension, but not for a long while I suspect.

lol! I can see you crawling under the car to do the suspension, with baby #2 in the 'daddy papoose' on your chest and baby #1 tethered to the toolbox.

As a father of two or so, I can say it's nice to dream. congrats.

Congrats Bud!!!!!! My wife is at 33 weeks and we had a bit of a way too premature birth scare this past weekend. Spent a few days in the hosptial with her getting tested and me sleeping very little in an arm chair. Things seem stable but we have to at least hold the kid off for another 3 weeks or so to hit the premature saftey zone.

Congrats Bud!!!!!! My wife is at 33 weeks and we had a bit of a way too premature birth scare this past weekend. Spent a few days in the hosptial with her getting tested and me sleeping very little in an arm chair. Things seem stable but we have to at least hold the kid off for another 3 weeks or so to hit the premature saftey zone.

I empathize Pak... scary stuff when something seems to be going wrong and all you want is for everything to be ok. We had a couple scares with short visits to the hospital for tests, and we're extra anxious since we've had one miscarriage as well.

Anyway, I'm pleased to hear everything is stable for the moment. Get to that safety zone and a different kind of anxiety takes over... like "am I really ready for this?":turned: :ohmy:

Good to hear it was good things keeping you away, and your priorities seem to be in order. I liked that 'chop you and Vanzuuk1 did of that Torino over on pro-touring.com.

I have a few kids under 9 years old myself, and they manage to be the most consuming, infuriating, and wonderful things in my life. There's an ad that runs in the back of many car magazines "Take a kid to a car show", with a man holding a kid's hands and the quote "those hands stay small so briefly" or something close to that, anyway it gets me every time.