Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

musman

Here is a preview of my '69....

i'm missing parts underhood, i'm just going to show the back end for now, but give me 1 week and i'll show you guys the 'piece de résistance'....with the shaker as well...

IMG_0021.jpg

IMG_0019.jpg

Yea, I got 225'sfor up front two. The only problem we are having is its taking so long to get painted. I contracted the painter by the hour and he's really doing a fairly fast - quality job. It's that he only works on parts during his lunch hour and 8 hrs on Sunday. So in 5 weeks hes worked a total of 43 hrs (took off for Memorial Day). I promised the bride, car would be ready for our 25 th yr together 6-12-07. Thats tomorrow, but she understands she or me don't want any type of a botched job. We go to shows, annd its killing us.

i'm missing parts underhood, i'm just going to show the back end for now

You block tease.

and don't think we didn't notice the "mach 1 Blvd' sign, either! :rockon:

You block tease.

and don't think we didn't notice the "mach 1 Blvd' sign, either! :rockon:

You did notice it, thanks for telling me, i didn't know it was in the pic...actually i got at Carlisle last year....i Kinda like it..

Um, er, ok then, uh, nice ass dude I guess is the only thing to say. Now, if it didn't have that 70' tail pipe it would be a great ass.:blush:

I didn't like the '69's, so i went for a pair of original stamped FoMoCo '70's tailpipes,( my friend liked my '69 repro's, so we did a switch) they look so much better, and with that motor the vroum, vroum exits way better than the split quad '69's.....

I didn't like the '69's, so i went for a pair of original stamped FoMoCo '70's tailpipes,( my friend liked my '69 repro's, so we did a switch) they look so much better, and with that motor the vroum, vroum exits way better than the split quad '69's.....

Blasphameeeeee! :gun_bandana:

Blasphameeeeee! :gun_bandana:

agreed...i'm still trying to find a way to use the quad tips i have instead of the oval ones i bought but they only fit up to 2.25" and i have 2.5", i may try to use an adapter or something though, we'll see.

agreed...i'm still trying to find a way to use the quad tips i have instead of the oval ones i bought but they only fit up to 2.25" and i have 2.5", i may try to use an adapter or something though, we'll see.

Yeah well keep me posted because I keep holding out on buying new tips hoping I can find something in 2.5" also and preferably SS.

Wouldn't an adapter restrict the flow making larger pipe irrelivant?

yes the adapter will restrict the flow somewhat but not any more than the quad tips will.

They do, but not like the quad ones....and the sound is so much better and i think the look is a big improvement too...the heck with originality.......i just used reducers at the end to make it fit, i had those done at my local muffler shop and welded them....

They do, but not like the quad ones....and the sound is so much better and i think the look is a big improvement too...the heck with originality.......i just used reducers at the end to make it fit, i had those done at my local muffler shop and welded them....

Originality is not the issue I just think the quads look best is all. To each his own though.

Originality is not the issue I just think the quads look best is all. To each his own though.

Wasn't trying to say mine were better or anything, was just saying that personnally i prefer the '70's......i know it's not original to my car, but some other things on my car aren't either . But if the quads wouldn't make that funny noise restriction whistle at the end, i would go with '69's....

But if the quads wouldn't make that funny noise restriction whistle at the end, i would go with '69's....

What exactly does this sound like? I have a 70 and was thinking about buying the quads.

By the way, nice ASS!!!! :thumbup1:

What exactly does this sound like? I have a 70 and was thinking about buying the quads.

By the way, nice ASS!!!! :thumbup1:

You too, I mean your avatar.....it's hard to describe it, but since your pipe splits into two different directions, it somehow changes the way it sounds when it's comes out, especially when you are running a hot cam like me...I have a friend with a '68 Fastback with a 390 and he's got the quads out back, and his motor his hot too and the sound just doesn't come out ok.....but maybe with an original motor it would be ok...