Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

d.reese

My wife' new 69 Convertable project

I left the house with "TRADE",a IMCA dirt modified and came home with a 71,000 mile deluxe interio mustang that was to have been my $ to rebuild my 65 GTO!

It took only seconds for my bride to claim the Mustang as her new project!

The car is totally rust free,ready for paint and top ( came with all new black seat covers,carpet,rubber,felts,door panels,crome,newly rebuilt matching# 351,auto,no air,TCP power rack,fuel tank,and complete performance suspension upgrade).Can ya'll tell me if I (no my bride) got a good deal?:thumbup1:

I left the house with "TRADE",a IMCA dirt modified and came home with a 71,000 mile deluxe interio mustang that was to have been my $ to rebuild my 65 GTO!

It took only seconds for my bride to claim the Mustang as her new project!

The car is totally rust free,ready for paint and top ( came with all new black seat covers,carpet,rubber,felts,door panels,crome,newly rebuilt matching# 351,auto,no air,TCP power rack,fuel tank,and complete performance suspension upgrade).Can ya'll tell me if I (no my bride) got a good deal?:thumbup1:

I doubt anybody here would disagree that your money was better spent on a Pony than a Goat! =)

Your bride has good taste. It looks like it'll clean up right nice! Keep us updated on the resto!

I doubt anybody here would disagree that your money was better spent on a Pony than a Goat! =)

Your bride has good taste. It looks like it'll clean up right nice! Keep us updated on the resto!

Oh my money goes to the gto ,hers will go to the pony! I agree no arguments here,nada would disagree though on stang 42K and the gto 81K high end ! Either way the question was race car for the mustang!

Oh my money goes to the gto ,hers will go to the pony! I agree no arguments here,nada would disagree though on stang 42K and the gto 81K high end ! Either way the question was race car for the mustang!

Always like to see another Vert owner join the ranks, welcome. So what was the investment to date onthe car you traded? I think you have a little more than apint and top to go on that car but hopefuly it is complete and all the items missing are in boxes at least.

Always like to see another Vert owner join the ranks, welcome. So what was the investment to date onthe car you traded? I think you have a little more than apint and top to go on that car but hopefuly it is complete and all the items missing are in boxes at least.

I raced 4 20yrs so who knows how much $ in it ( race ready easy 15K).I had it listed for sale starting out at 12,5K all the way down to 6K, I would say lucky to get 50 cents on the dollar!I provided pic's of boxs that came with the mustang!

I love the excuse of "buying it for my wife". I am starting my "wife's" convertible this winter as well so we will have to swap stories here.

Her car - 302 Automatic - odometer says only 23K although I can only confirm from the seller that it has only had 1K on it in the last ten years. Paint looks good in pictures but up close is chipping pretty badly. From the general wear and tear, might be right. Updating the interior, stereo, clean-up the wiring, controls, general rust repair (a couple). Saving the paint and major engine work/exhaust until next winter after a summer of driving to see what I have.

Tough part with being the wife's car, I can't quite update it the way I would like (yet). I was watching Horsepower talk about the Ford 460 Cobra Jet crate engine and I said "Hey honey..." and before I could finish she said "No way". Comes from my last project being small car - large motor that she will ride in but hasn't even tried to drive yet.

On a good note, I did get to keep my car by wedging it in the back of the garage for the winter. Pictures of the project car are below...

...I provided pic's of boxs that came with the mustang!

You've got quite the jig saw puzzle there.. ha.

Should be a fun project, keep us updated and post away if you get stumped somewhere. I pulled mine apart myself and have already forgotten most of the details on assembly. The service manuals really help though.

-Stephen

Listen, daveg9 story is true on the wife and I know what you mean on getting her to confirm the path to finish, but I believe we are there- Mild GT package! Simular to yours, nice 69 delux convertible!

Stephen not a jig saw I just have to cowboy up and GET R DONE!

Morten, what ever you do don't give up! I have brought worse back to life, you can do it!