Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jack's69coupe

What would you do?

To make an ever longer story short, I got screwed on an ebay purchase of a '69 Coupe. After almost 4 months, the title cannot be produced. The car was being held as collateral for a person to person loan. The car was advertised as having a clear title and sold through a local auto dealer. The person with the title is long gone and the person who loaned the money is trying to use the legal system to get their money back. BTW - the con-artist passed this coupe off as a shelby to an utterly nieve individual. I have agreed with the seller for a partial refund. I was thinking a making a track car with it but now I am thinking I'm better off getting rid of it. The wife and I are totally pissed about the ordeal. Not that it's a rare car or anything but it is a car that could be saved and will probably be going to the crusher. :censored: It's has a 302, c4, a/c, p/s, p/b and exterior decor. The OD reads 70K. Most of the parts are usable. Would you part it or try to sell it whole?

Thanks,

jack

To make an ever longer story short, I got screwed on an ebay purchase of a '69 Coupe. After almost 4 months, the title cannot be produced. The car was being held as collateral for a person to person loan. The car was advertised as having a clear title and sold through a local auto dealer. The person with the title is long gone and the person who loaned the money is trying to use the legal system to get their money back. BTW - the con-artist passed this coupe off as a shelby to an utterly nieve individual. I have agreed with the seller for a partial refund. I was thinking a making a track car with it but now I am thinking I'm better off getting rid of it. The wife and I are totally pissed about the ordeal. Not that it's a rare car or anything but it is a car that could be saved and will probably be going to the crusher. :censored: It's has a 302, c4, a/c, p/s, p/b and exterior decor. The OD reads 70K. Most of the parts are usable. Would you part it or try to sell it whole?

Thanks,

jack

The car looks pretty decent, that is a shame indeed. Wouldn't the auto dealer be responsible for a false sale? The interior seems weird, is it custom leather or something? The door panels are odd and the horse logo is backwards.

Anyway, I'm not sure I quite understand why if you know the state of origin that a title search can't be done, but have you considered selling it to someone in a state that does not require a title on a car ten years old or older? NH is such a state and when I registered my car here they never even cared about looking at my Massachusetts title, a bill of sale was all they required.

The car looks pretty decent, that is a shame indeed. Wouldn't the auto dealer be responsible for a false sale? The interior seems weird, is it custom leather or something? The door panels are odd and the horse logo is backwards.

Anyway, I'm not sure I quite understand why if you know the state of origin that a title search can't be done, but have you considered selling it to someone in a state that does not require a title on a car ten years old or older? NH is such a state and when I registered my car here they never even cared about looking at my Massachusetts title, a bill of sale was all they required.

Like Pak said you might want to check and see if you can file for a "lost title". There should be some way of going through your Department of Motor Vehicles in your state and finding something legal for the car so you can establish legal ownership on it. The dealer should be liable to if they sold a vehicle without a clear title, I know that in Oregon, many moons ago when I sold cars, we always had to wait for the titles to clear before we could resell them.

Like Pak said you might want to check and see if you can file for a "lost title". There should be some way of going through your Department of Motor Vehicles in your state and finding something legal for the car so you can establish legal ownership on it. The dealer should be liable to if they sold a vehicle without a clear title, I know that in Oregon, many moons ago when I sold cars, we always had to wait for the titles to clear before we could resell them.

If it has a chrome grille it is probably damaged on the right side.

yeah, i see that now that you point it out. i wasn't paying much attention to the right side. that's ok, i'm just about done with my homemade version. suprisingly enough, i can't really tell the difference between it and the pics i have of originals.

If it has a chrome grille it is probably damaged on the right side.

yeah, i see that now that you point it out. i wasn't paying much attention to the right side. that's ok, i'm just about done with my homemade version. suprisingly enough, i can't really tell the difference between it and the pics i have of originals.

Actually, the grill is not damaged. It is chrome but really faded. The door panels and package tray are homemade jobs. They have been removed. PA is really strict on titles. It is very hard to even get a reconstruction title. I may try to find another 69 and use these parts for the next one.

Actually, the grill is not damaged. It is chrome but really faded. The door panels and package tray are homemade jobs. They have been removed. PA is really strict on titles. It is very hard to even get a reconstruction title. I may try to find another 69 and use these parts for the next one.

Too bad you can't "save" it. In some states, it's much easier to get a title on a car over a certain number of years if you have a sales receipt or can prove you've paid taxes on the tag and such.

Too bad you can't "save" it. In some states, it's much easier to get a title on a car over a certain number of years if you have a sales receipt or can prove you've paid taxes on the tag and such.

chrome grille???????? huh? neva seed one adem nor herd of one eider

if you keep it please do it a favor and get rid of those hideous stripes especailly on the tailight panel

oh pak the interrior door panels are tuck and rolled

chrome grille???????? huh? neva seed one adem nor herd of one eider

if you keep it please do it a favor and get rid of those hideous stripes especailly on the tailight panel

oh pak the interrior door panels are tuck and rolled

A buddy of mine ran into the same problem on a 67 cougar he bought. He found on the internet a company based out of Vegas that with a cost of about $160 if I remember right, got him a new title out of Alabama. they did the work. I am not sure how it works but it worked out for him. He then registered it here in Utah and recieved a new title. Sorry about your problem, good luck!

A buddy of mine ran into the same problem on a 67 cougar he bought. He found on the internet a company based out of Vegas that with a cost of about $160 if I remember right, got him a new title out of Alabama. they did the work. I am not sure how it works but it worked out for him. He then registered it here in Utah and recieved a new title. Sorry about your problem, good luck!

thanks B so was a chrome grille some sort of aftermarket thing? ive seen alot of 69 mustangs grandes, bosses machs etc and had never even thought that there was a chrome grille availible for them let alone seen one they must be mucho RARE