Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

stangme

I'll probably get banned, but...

I'm heading down to Mesa, Arizona tomorrow for an AC Delco sponsored event at the GM Desert Proving Grounds, yeah I know its not mustang related, but its still about cars, and the best part is we get to go through a driving training course and then run a timed road course. I only hope they let us have a turn with a ZO6, yeah I know I'm probably dreaming.

Comie....Comie...Trader to our country!:tank:

Have fun man!

Whats he trading pak? (traitor)

If you get to drive the z06 i want video and a shot of the smile on your face that probably wont come off. Im not a fan of GM but a z06 is another story.

Whats he trading pak? (traitor)

If you get to drive the z06 i want video and a shot of the smile on your face that probably wont come off. Im not a fan of GM but a z06 is another story.

Picky bastard! I wish you showed that level of attention in your clothes.

This is Ben on Prom night! (oh boy, lets not start that again!):pinch:

I think i have to ban pakrat. Honestly where do you get these pictures, out of your personal collection??? I'm not sure whats more disturbing the picture itself or your access to them. :clown:

I'm sure you have about 300 gigabytes more of them to.

I think i have to ban pakrat. Honestly where do you get these pictures, out of your personal collection??? I'm not sure whats more disturbing the picture itself or your access to them. :clown:

I'm sure you have about 300 gigabytes more of them to.

All right, I'll let out my secret source so you can all enjoy. Plus I don't want you guys thinking I have this personal fetish stash on my PC or anything.

http://www.grimmemennesker.dk/

Darn it. When you first started the picture war in the other thread i was looking for a site like that but never found one this odd at least heh heh. Its ok we know that your a little different but thats ok cause you drive a ford at least

Darn it. When you first started the picture war in the other thread i was looking for a site like that but never found one this odd at least heh heh. Its ok we know that your a little different but thats ok cause you drive a ford at least

Heh heh, well now you'll breath easy and know I have no better bullets in my gun then you. I doubt I'll ever find a site with worse than that but don't go giving me any reasons to find an armor piercing stash cuz I'll do it if I have too.:001_unsure:

Well, all I can say is .....WOW!!!!!!!!!!!! Sadly we didn't get to run the Z06 as it was in the shop, but they made up for it with several other C6's, C5's, G6's and various other new and couple year old GM cars that they let us beat the crap out of. At first I thought the vibrations were because of a rough track and generic made cars, until I realized that the tires were flat in spots from all the braking tests we got to do. The vettes were the only ones with fresh tires and they were replaced daily, course when they take you for a ride and start doing 360's at 110 mph, you start to understand why. No one was allowed to have camera's or camera phones because some of the new concept vehicles were being tested as well as Harley Davidson was there road testing its new reverse trike 3 wheeler that one of the cycle magazines is reportedly offering 20-30 thousand for pictures, yes we saw it and it'll be determined this month whether or not it goes into production.

I did learn one important lesson on the road course, and that is that its not a good idea to take a 40 mph curve at 90+ unless you have the right angle going in. I made it the first three times at 70 to 80, but the fourth time I was to low and to fast going into the corner and slid off the track sideways and about 100-150 feet out into the dirt before I could trade sideways velocity for forward momentum again.

That little mistake won me the extreme offroad survivability award:laugh: , but it didn't really matter as before I got half way through my last lap, heavy rain hit and the vette is not a car to be driven on slick pavement, everytime I hit the gas I was sideways. By the time I got back to the finish line, they already had everybody in the vans and waved for me to follow them back to the shop area. Everyone had at least two laps on the road course, but less then half of us got to run the time trial.

I have to say that GM has done a really good job with the new vettes as far as handling and braking. One test we did with the vette was high speed lane changes in a panic situation without brakes. They had switches so they could turn the stabil-a-trac on and off, or if they wanted, lock up the rear brakes when you least expected it, you then had to recover before they gave you control back. In the new Impala, we could make the high speed lane change at about 45 without wiping out the cones, in the vette you could do it at 50-55 without the traction control turned on, with it on you could do the same at 60+ and snap right through the turns.

No, not gonna go buy a vette anytime soon, but it was fun to be able to beat on them without worrying about getting in an accident and seeing what they could really do, and I have to admit, I came away impressed.

...Harley Davidson was there road testing its new reverse trike 3 wheeler that one of the cycle magazines is reportedly offering 20-30 thousand for pictures, yes we saw it and it'll be determined this month whether or not it goes into production.

Weird.. I had never seen a reverse trike until the dad of one of my son's friend build an electric powered one for his son. Now he is building a 1000+cc sport bike powered one from scratch with 1 1/8" framing. It looks awesome so far. Now someone is looking at a production version?

-Stephen

Protowrxs: Yeah, Harley has been road testing it for awhile now, its' gonna be hit or miss if people like it just from the little informal poll that we took amongst ourselves, people were very definate in whether they like it or not.

Cheo: Wednesday was very hot, especially for us northwestern boys who had just left 60 degree weather, but Thursday and Friday we had a nice breeze and then the rain set in so it was only in the lower 90's. The group before us had 103 degree weather, no breeze, full sun all day on a 5 to 10 acre patch of asphalt.

One other concept wehicle that GM is working on is an SUV that gets 32 mpg. Its a hybrid that uses gas/electric but the electric has the same towing/torque as the gas and is for use in the city, when you really stab the pedal, or your speed goes above 35, then the gas kicks in. One of the drivers said its so smooth that you can't tell when the gas takes over.