Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

69stang

Guages

I was wondering if anyone knew where you could buy white faced guages (preferably with a green glow at night), that would fit into the 69 mustang dash. I would want the 2 big guages to be a tach and speedometer, the 2 small ones to be fuel and engine temperature.

If anyone knows where i could find these it would be greatly appreciated.

You can build your own too. I did and it looks good. Using Regular old Autometer White face gauges. And they come with optional red, green or clear covers for the bulbs if you want to do that.

I remember looking at their gauges several years back, how much did they end up costing ya?

Offtopic: It looks like they have'nt gotten any further on project elvira.... Reminds me of my build !! :)

I have gone the overlay route from ebay.. seem to look okay so far. I'm not sure about night lighting yet. The directions talk about changing the color by using different bulb covers if desired.

Here's what they look like.. less than $20 as well.

http://www.protowrxs.com/Nolen/Stang/Rebuild/2006-09-17.asp

I'll be putting aftermarket gauges in the outer pods that will be white as well but as said above you can use any gauge you want, it just gets more complicated mounting them. You will end up throwing away the printed 'circuit' board and wiring it up yourself which still isn't a bad deal.

-Stephen

Ok...im sorry for the quality...it IS a camera phone like a year old lol

However it really shows just how nice they are..and that is at the BRIGHTEST setting...in the picture at day...this was BEFORE i replaced the cloudy old lesnses....these really do look imaculate day and night :D

night.jpg

This is why i wont be putting autometers in my dash...i think this look is just awsome!...i mean...STOCK looks during the day with a white face, and STOCK looking numbers etc at night with a blue OR green glow :D

And there is a seperate dial to adjust the brightness, or turn from blue to green, and the green gives it an even more "stock" look

my_pictures0007.jpg

Heres the link to where I personally bought them....http://www.mustangdepot.com/OnLineCatalog/Interior/white_face_guage_conv.htm

And heres some pluses about these gauges...

They are actually very easy if you allready know how to get to them, basicly you know how the needle assembly on the side gauges snap down? this "snaps" the gauges down so no adhesive is necesary, however the fuel/temp gauge is 3 pieces, the 2 gauges and then the outside, and all 3 pieces glow and you cant even tell they are unless you dont line them up right, the 2 smaller gauges needed to be glued down with a small amount of adhesive, i used krazy glue but im also not worried about going back to stock. If so im sure one could use stickey tack? and on the speedo this was the hardest gauge, taking out the needle takes patience and this is one big piece so getting it to hold down is a little harder and still it only took me about an hour and a half or so from start to finish

AND

No wire hacking at all!!!!!!! You take out the stock bulbs, and route the electroluminescent gauge wires through these holes so NO drilling. i will say this, the little lip that goes around each gauge face, where the wires come from the gauge, you have to bend this a SLIGHT bit so as to keep the gauge flat.

The only wire you have to splice into is the wire that turns the dash lights on...And to find a ground for the converterbox, the converter box is relativly small like a cubic inch and fits easily behind the dash anywhere, all the gauges come with about 6 inches of wireing and connectors that connect to the supplied harness... Id imagine double sided tape would also work to hold them down. IF you wire them into headlight wire make sure your stock brightness knob is allways on the brightest so you dont ruin the box ( these come with full intstalation instructions) :yup:

I know....but look at my tach...that shit looks green too and that bitch is bright white at night!

If the whole dash wasent currently out of the car i would go get a better pic lol

The blue is real nice, and at night you can dial it down a little and its very easy to see and not so bright.

I highly reccomend these for anyone who wants TRUE indiglo gauges with a classic look...

I just ran across this today.. not sure if anyone has see this setup.

http://www.geocities.com/kvinkler/gauges/page_01.htm

Pretty simply approach from what I see. Looks like the prices have gone up a bit since it was posted but it looks like one could still do this for under $500 with all new gauges. I'm going to try that approach for the Volt and Oil Pressure outer gauges I think.

Obviously you have to have a solution for blinkers and bright indicator but it looks nice to me.

-Stephen