Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Trinitys

Hoping to start it up this weekend......here are a couple pics...

I'll pretty up all the wiring after i get all the bugs all worked out so please disregard:lol: . Only thing i have to do now is fill the coolent, oil and put in the plugs....and get new battery cables. then check the codes on the computer....check for fuel leaks and flush the fuel lines and i'm ready to fire it up. hopefully early sunday it'll be ready to go.

100_0976.jpg

100_0974.jpg

100_0977.jpg

100_0975.jpg

Hey Trinity, noticed that it looked like your return line was going into the top of your tank, did you make a new hole for that? I had heard of some people using their drain plug hole for the return line but if you did cut a new hole that might be a better idea. I am getting ready to do an EFI as well and am really getting some good ideas from you, thanks. Also, what type fuel pump did you decide to go with?

Hey Trinity, noticed that it looked like your return line was going into the top of your tank, did you make a new hole for that? I had heard of some people using their drain plug hole for the return line but if you did cut a new hole that might be a better idea. I am getting ready to do an EFI as well and am really getting some good ideas from you, thanks. Also, what type fuel pump did you decide to go with?

i went with a walboro 22 lt/hr pump.

i didn't like the idea of using the drain plug because it hangs too low. i decided to get a fitting for the tank and drill a hole and mount the fitting. if you look through my pics on my site you'll see all of this stuff. there's a link to the efi conversion. i'll let you know if it works out or not.

if it doesn't work too well then i'll have to fork over the cash ot have a tank with a sump either made or wait till someone makes a good tank.

i got it started sunday after a few hours of chasing fuel leaks mostly on the regulator. i couldn't keep it running though. i'll need to fiddle with it somemore to see if i missed anything. it was surging alot at idle right after start-up. i'm just hoping i can un-plug the computer and reset it. it might also be a freaking vacuum leak....maybe the intake?? fuel pressure was good and steady at 39psi. it sounded bad-ass though! i missed that sound! i'll do a video so you guys can see it run after i get it going good.

wish me luck!

Looking good Trin!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbup: I thought I had my hands full, sheeesh. The main reason I limit my work on new cars is becasue I can't stand all the new fangled computer magigi stuff, I love working on the old school though.

i got it .......when i assembled the air-cleaner-maf assembly, i disassembled the connector so it would fit through the hole i had to put in the aircleaner for the maf connector. when i reassembled the connector, i switched 2 wires.

problem solved...it idles pretty good now.

all i have to do is set the idle speed....break in the new motor.....change the oil bleed my brakes and take it slowly around the street. whoo-hoo!!