Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pakrat

Anyone here have square nuts?

Yes, this is a tech question, I know what you're thinking, sicko's!!!!

I'm talking about the ones that are welded into the fender apron to attach the hood hinge too. It appears that one of my hinges was never properly secured as the nuts are missing so I am trying to get my hands on some square nuts but all the ones I come across are plain ole regualr round nuts.

Oh me too.... and it's also not what you are thinking. I need one of those nuts also. I have one that came out so I have a larger bolt in there and the hood hinge moves slightly upwards so I have to push down on the hood to get it seated right.

Anyone have a source - I am very interested.

Yes I am a regular on the 428 forum. Not to many of us Armond's around! I found this sight a while ago and enjoy it also. I am a big 69 fan, I am glad to have stumbled on this websight.

I have a parts 69 parts car I am cutting up right now. if you'd like some I would be glad to send some to you for the cost of the shipping. Armond

Very interested...I just pm'd you a message....

Yes I am a regular on the 428 forum. Not to many of us Armond's around! I found this sight a while ago and enjoy it also. I am a big 69 fan, I am glad to have stumbled on this websight.
Armond i am Candyapplemach1 On the 428 sight !!

Ah! Candyapplemach1 you are a regular there too! You are kind of a rebel on the Cj sight! Just kiddin! I like these sights, you can learn and share alot of info. If you took the metal clip off the square nut maybe they would be about the same size? The one difference is the hindge square nut has a shoulder on it.

Ah! Candyapplemach1 you are a regular there too! You are kind of a rebel on the Cj sight! quote]

LMAO, Yeah i dont even try. I always find myself in those positons:tt2:. All i did was copy the link from the Ford petition signatures to the 428 site to show them and i got myself in a world of crap. Seems alot of my threads get Locked from ADmin. LOL ,Everone seems alittle more uptight and professional there.:(

Not sure if those are the same or not, i believe the correct thread size is a 5/16 - 18 but these do not say or not, otherwise they would probably work. I just can't see buying a whole new apron repair panel just for three nuts. Today I am going to check out the old independent Hardware store down the road, they may have some old ones lying around somewhere, I hope.

Armond, I PM'd you too, hoping you can help. Oh, welcome to the site BTW.

Well, for another source, I finally went to my old school "pre Depot" friendly neighborhood Ace Hardware and I did find some in the assortment draws under furniture nuts. The correct size is in fact 5/16 -18. Quite a bit more than your standard hex nut, .30ea vs. .09ea but still cheap at less than a dollar for the 3 I needed.

Thanks all for the offers, it looks like others are still in need so the thread wasn't wasted at least.