Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Trinitys

COME ON IN, DON'T BE SHY, INTRODUCE YOURSELF!!

Thanks, the plans are, built 351(getting done now), Kiesler 5 speed, power rack& pinion, Global West front suspension, Cobra brakes, DTS rear end, Fikse Wheels like on the Camaro, blk paint and I have to have it done in 5 weeks! I want to take it to a show on Oct.14th..

Wow.. would love to see pics of this build in action.

-Stephen

Hi, there great, I post alot more on Lateral G. My Camaro is going to be at SEMA in Nov. at the HRI/ Vintage Air Booth. If your there, stop by and say hello.

SW

i'd love to go to SEMA sometime but i doubt i'll ever have the chance, sure would be nice thoough. good luck with it.

sounds like an ambititous goal for the stang and a lot of work, you've got a lot more work to do than i have and probably will be done before mine but i'm getting close now. sure wish i was still in austin, i'd love to come watch the progress on it.

Howdy!

I've been posting over at stangnet ever since 99...finally dragged my but over here with some incouragement from bnickle. Can't believe I didn't register sooner, this looks like a great site and it's much nicer having only 69/70 content.

Here's some specs on my car:

1970 Mustange Grande

- 351W 9.5:1

- Megasquirt EFI using Holley 4BBL 900cfm TBI unit

You wouldnt happen to be the Bottlefed from the megasquirt forums would you? I was browsing around there and saw a guy named bottlefed with a 1970 mustang grande w/ 351 doing a meagsquirt conversion with that holley. Im thinking about doing a megasquirt project myself :wink:

Hi, my name is Worth and I always wanted to hang around with real mustang guys:yes:

PS. I saw the first thread, Ugly Mustangs and I thought it was a documentary about Pakrats car:sneaky2:

hey welcome you ol' codger. all new members must buy me a Cap'n N coke just so you know :clap:

You wouldnt happen to be the Bottlefed from the megasquirt forums would you? I was browsing around there and saw a guy named bottlefed with a 1970 mustang grande w/ 351 doing a meagsquirt conversion with that holley. Im thinking about doing a megasquirt project myself :wink:

That would be me!

I did a fairly lengthy writeup on my megasquirt EFI conversion and posted it at stangnet. One of the members was kind enough to host the whole series on his webserver. You can find it here if your interested: http://www.302w.com/Windsor_MegaSquirt_Introduction.aspx

Hey guys, i'm new here.

My names Trevor Norman, i'm 16 years old and live in Vancouver BC Canada. I worked at an autobody shop all summer to buy my dream car, a '69 coupe i bought yesterday.

It's in pieces right now because the last owner put new floor boards, rear quarters and a 9" rear end from a boss in it, he then lost interest in it and it sat for a few years but now it's all mine!

I'm gonna paint it either royal maroon or a custom orange color with a blacked out hood and black vinyl top. The 302 also needs a rebuild so i might build a 347 while it's apart.

The owner said that it has a rare center console for the 4-speed cars that's worth around $1000? is this true?

Anyways, this is a great site and is very helpful, i look forward to meeting you guys :001_smile:

Welcome to the site Trevor. Good to see yet another Coupe owner. Looks like you have lots of work ahead, but lots of fun as well. Be sure and take progress pics for memories and posting here :)

Center consoles are worth a pretty penny but depending upon it's shape and completeness $1k would seem to be pushing it value wise.

Keep us posted on your progress...

-Stephen

welcome Trevor, always nice to see more coupe owners join the party. as for the console, the 4-spd version is worth a bit more than one for an automatic but not that much more. now if it was for a 69/70 shelby then that price would be about right. maybe he was talking $1000 CDN? :lol:

Hi, my name is Worth and I always wanted to hang around with real mustang guys:yes:

PS. I saw the first thread, Ugly Mustangs and I thought it was a documentary about Pakrats car:sneaky2:

Ah Worth, you finally made it over to the dark side. I'd just like to say I'm glad you're here........I'd like to but I'm just not good at lieing my ass off.:whistling:

All kidding aside though, welcome.

Thanks for the kind welcome it looks like theres lotsa knowledgable members here that i have lot's to learn from!

maybe he was talking $1000 CDN? :lol:

yayaya... get the canadian jokes over with will i'm still new... i'm sure it's not the end hehe :single fuck:

Hi,

My name is Jack. I'm in Southeastern PA. I recently purchased a '69 coupe. It's a standard F code with a c4, ps, pb, and ac (missing compressor). It was originally Aqua with black interior. Somewhere along the line it was painted brilliant blue and then gunmetal grey. The interior was changed to dark red. We are still deciding on the color combos. I got this car after hearing my wife for years say she always wanted a '69 stang (she was born in '69 and bleeds Ford Blue, god bless my father-in-law :clap: ).

We have had a '68 Cougar XR7, a handful of 5.0's (one I supercharged), and one new edge 4.6 GT. It was time to get back to our roots and something we can show/cruise.

I plan on doing a mild restomod and have been trying to document the teardown/buildup. I have about a two year project right now (depends of course). I'm thinking about a 347 roller motor with EFI and c4 (and maybe supercharged). I have a fair bit of knowledge on 5.0 injection systems and have a few leftover parts to get me started.

Sorry for the long post.

Take Care,

Jack

Welcome to the site Jack! Lots of Coupe owners lately. :001_smile:

Sounds like your car had the same color combo mine was originally with the Aqua and black. In my case it was already Competition Orange when I got it in 74 and I'm leaving it that way.

I may pick you EFI brains in the next few months as I work through my implementation.. and I SO want to add a cent supercharger during the process but keep thinking how it will slow down the build with the extra cost.

Welcome again and post pics.. even tear downs are cool to see at least to me.

-Stephen

Thanks for the welcome guys!

Stephen - I enjoyed your web page. Well done! My friend converted this '70 Sportsroof to EFI a few years ago. I am going to see if I can take pictures to show how he decided to run the lines' date=' pump, etc.

jack[/quote']

Thank you! - Yes any 69/70 specific pictures of an factory EFI conversion would be VERY helpful. I think I have my wiring designed as needed except for integrating into the existing harness. But I'm still up in the air fuel delivery wise.

-Stephen

My name is Gary I just bought a 1969 Mach 1 with a 351 c in it. The engine has less then 200 miles on it. built by Holbrook it's been sitting sence 1994. I have had it running so it don't seem to run to bad but the floor needs lots of tlc I mean lots like the frame and engine compartment is very ugly. But the body isn't all that bad.

See you all around.:001_cool:

Hi all,my name is sean iam 34 maried with 2 kids. last year i got my dream car a 69mach, off of ebay. i new i was buying a prodject car but i was told all the metal work was done. well it wasent ineed to do some front frame rail repairs and the radiator support.when i got the car i did not do any reserch on parts for the car now i know every part for the car is about $300.00 so if i want to put her back togheter right its going to be awhile. I traded my motorcycle for a 1966 coupe with a 302 in it to help fight the urge of putting the 69 back on the road half assed. Iam loking for some guys inthe area (howell nj )to hang out with, swap parts and do some bench racing