Sign in to follow this  
Mach1 Driver

Hood mounted tach, Ridge Runner I need to jog your memory

But the hood mounted tachometers came as a dealer option, and since I have the ammeter and oil gauge that would give me a complete set of instruments.

You are probably wondering why...well I have been rethinking the direction that I want to take my old Mustang. I have another car, a much loved 2001 Corvette that is full of aging electronics. Nothing has expired yet but its living on borrowed time. It has 17 electronic modules, only 3 of which are available new, and all the rest can only be had used. As a C5 it is 22 years old now and the only "Corvette Only" repair place in the area has stopped taking the newer C6s if they have a Body Control Module issue, because they just can't get them. I am on a campaign to collect as many as I can of the used 14 modules in case I have a failure. As an electrical engineer I knew full well when I bought the car that it would probably only have a 10 year life, but now I don't want to give it up. I read that the newer cars are worse- the boards aren't protected like they are in the sealed-up modules of the slightly older cars.

Its kinda funny that my 54 year old Mustang will surely out live my Corvette that is 30 years newer. I want to keep the Mustang as non-electronic as possible so when it gets passed on to it's second owner, it can still have a useful life, and not end up in a scrap yard. So that changes my plans about a Sniper EFI and Dakota Digital dash.

So here is an old post by Ridge, and I'm wondering, did your hood mounted tach have a black or white dial? They came either way.

image.thumb.png.d958924a5914f27124103e7b28f7881f.png

image.png.a81ad57e1bd11dc82749b6d71acf5a39.png

Mine had the black face ,i bought it new .

Mine was also on a shaker hood ,i will have to see if i can find a pic of the car ,it was a 69 Mach1 ,spring time yellow black out hood and black and gold side stripes ,and i could kick my self for ever selling it!