It sounds like we have essentially the same car, so let me share what my research shows are the problems and some solutions.

I haven't done it yet, but all my research shows that Ford Powertrain Applications (FPA) are and excellent if expensive choice for headers.

I looked at the Proflo4 also, and it appears to be superior to throttle body injection systems but be advised that you will have to cut a hole in your hood for any air cleaner to fit, even with a drop base. Then of course you need an air scoop over the air cleaner to clean it up aesthetically. The Edelbrock manifold for the PF4 is way too tall for the 351w in this year Mustang, so I'm resigned to using a Sniper. Then the decision of what intake manifold use- don't believe what Edelbrock tells you, the carb pad height for a stock 4V manifold is only 3.00". An Edelbrock Performer RPM 7181 will be 4.80", which would need a drop base air cleaner unless you want a hole in the hood again. Vicfreg runs this manifold with a shaker hood.

A 2181 Performer manifold is 4.07" tall. This is a 4150 style with dual plane for square bore carbs. I won't bore you with the measurements and math, but this manifold with a 1.025" tall carb spacer for the PCV connection will fit with a stock air cleaner and have 0.670" clearance to the center hood scoop nuts. The bolts will have to be cut off flush with the nuts. This is with a Sniper which is 3.28" tall.

Then the decision of what mufflers, fuel tank and pump- and yes they are related. If you want a car that is quiet enough to converse with your wife, then you may want a transverse muffler. The problem here is the proximity of the transverse muffler to the fuel tank. It's too hot to use a Holley non-return 12-305 pump. The Sniper doesn't measure fuel temp directly which is just asking for trouble, so you need a return line or will get vapor lock. I intend to use a Holley Sniper EFI Conversion Fuel tank. This has an internal pump, hydromat, vent, return, and sender on top of the tank, so you can keep everything away from the transverse muffler. I intend to use bulkhead connectors to run the lines from the trunk to the rear frame rails, then up the inside of Spintech subframe connectors to the front. BTW, I prefer hard lines as much of the way as possible before switching to PTFE hose, and I prefer Fragola Race-Rite Hose.

People complain of the noise of the injectors firing. The Sniper uses batch firing instead of sequential firing as OEMs use. The solution to this is using a Radium Fuel Pulse Damper.

Just my $.03 ;)

I have a 351 W in my '70 Convertible. I used Hedman Elite Shorty Headers (88650 Series).   I did this for a couple reasons  First is I needed to clear my Borgeson steering box.  Second, i needed to clear the C-6 that I am running on the car.  I used Stage 8 locking bolts.  Everything fits and sounds great.

IMG_0628.JPG

IMG_0631.JPG

IMG_6929.jpg

I’m running afr heads, unisteer pump/rack and classic air a/c pump. Hedman has a set labeled for engine conversion. They are tighter to the heads. Cleared everything else. Putting in a 4r70w , none right now, but my fmx looks like it would fit.