Sign in to follow this  
rr03cobra

Reverse switch install

Happy 4th everyone!!  I’ve installed the AAW wiring in my 69. I have a 4 speed top loader with a hurst comp shifter. Can someone show me how the reverse switch is connected to the transmission? The picture shows my transmission. IMG_9765.thumb.jpeg.c5af702fc766af69dac6c47fa65278fb.jpegTIA….Rich

I just installed the AAW wiring and there is a pink / light green wire from the harness.   There are also neutral safety wires in that branch, but you shouldn't need those, I didn't even run them to the transmission.  My understanding for that type of shifter, you need a Hurst Back-Up Light Switch, and you would connect those two wires to that.  I have a T5z, so mine had a different type pigtail than you would have.

20 hours ago, jmlay said:

I have no experience with that harness. Sorry, can’t help with that. 

Looks like that yoke is sticking too far out of the transmission extension housing. 

Thx jmlay 

10 hours ago, kblagron said:

I just installed the AAW wiring and there is a pink / light green wire from the harness.   There are also neutral safety wires in that branch, but you shouldn't need those, I didn't even run them to the transmission.  My understanding for that type of shifter, you need a Hurst Back-Up Light Switch, and you would connect those two wires to that.  I have a T5z, so mine had a different type pigtail than you would have.

Thx kblagron. Trying to find a picture of how that switch bracket connects to the transmission. I might just buy it and check out the directions