Rich Ackermann

Early 69 with the Sports Decor Group

I have a very early (Oct 1968 built) 1969 Sportsroof M code Automatic, Marti lists the Sports Decor Group as one of the few options on the car. I can only find a few details about this group option, such as it included Sport mirrors and hood scoop with the directional signal lights. What else was part of the Sports Decor Group option? Did Ford drop this option or change the name of this option later in the production year?

image.png.eb0595bed8dfd072861a5e6f7d27df1a.png

Thanks,

Rich

According to Kevin Marti's book, the Sports Decor Group was only available on sportsroofs (fastbacks), with a relatively small 5,729 cars equipped. It looks like it consisted of a hood scoop, racing mirrors, wheel covers and the aforementioned stripes. 

http://1969stang.com/forum/index.php?/topic/37744-sports-appearance-group/

My mom bought a new 69 coupe with the sport decor group.  It was green with a dark green vinyl top.  It had sport mirrors on both sides, hood scoop and a black with gold strip running front to back along the upper body edge.  It had a 250 six in it.