TomM

1970 FB with PS L/F Wheel Loose

I'm getting my FB with power steering back on the road for the first time since Nov of last year.  I have new ball joints, strut bushings and tie rod ends on the front.  I noticed the right front tire/wheel assembly is very snug with little play once the wheel/tire is installed.  The left front has much more play.  I can visually see that the play comes from the ball stud pivot/movement on the p/s control valve. Is this typical or is this a sign that the ball stud spring is weak?  With a rebuilt control valve would I still expect more play than the r/f?

Thanks, Tom

Ok, good to know - thanks.  No fluid in the system yet and hasn't been run since Nov.  Sounds like it will stiffen up once I get it filled and running, so I should be good.  Last Sep I took it in for a pre-inspection inspection since I bought as a rolling shell.  I recall the inspector saying "there can't be more than 1/4" play in the wheel.

Thanks, Tom