Mike65

AAW wiring harness w/T-5 trans question.

I am installing the AAW wiring harness & have come to a point where I need a question answered, if the wonderful people can not help me I will E-mail AAW directly. I have a heavier gauge purple wire (#-6) that says starter solenoid on the wire, in the written instructions it says connect to the "S" terminal on the starter solenoid, OK. Now the other end is not connected to anything & in the instructions it says connect the purple wire (#-6) to the NSS terminal, except I will have a T-5 5 speed trans. I am using the lt green & pink wires in the harness for the back up light switch which has only 2 terminals on the switch & the wiring pigtail (see link). The connections I am inquiring about are on page 4 of the AAW instructions sheet under starter solenoid & NSS/back up light switch connections. Any help would be appreciated. TIA,

Mike.

https://www.cjponyparts.com/modern-driveline-backup-light-harness-t-5-tko-transmission/p/HW2388/

https://www.americanautowire.com/PDFLink/92969421 510177 IN 9.0.pdf

That is the #6 purple wire coming from the  solenoid which connects to the NSS and comes out of that square connector in the engine bay as #5 purple wire to the Ignition Switch (page 5).

With a manual trans, you are good with the Lt Green and Pink (#24 & #39B wires). Those take care of the back-up lights. As you have no NSS (I suppose, but it may be different with a T5 which I am not familiar with), the Purple #6 wire just needs to be connected to Purple #5. 

I also assume that you have a standard ignition (pertronix or points) and standard fuel circuit. If you have EFI and/or different fuel pump, my knowledge there is close to nil.

Mike, I jumpered the neutral safety switch out, which is the same as connecting the purple #5 and #6 together.   I left the backup light wiring.  I have an automatic, but I am not interested in a neutral safety switch.    The remaining purple wire goes to your starter solenoid.