Mike65

Wiring diagram help needed.

I am getting to my next part of my 69 Mustang project, rewiring the car. I am going to be running EFI with an electric fuel pump & I want to have a fuel pump relay & a inertia switch for the fuel pump circuit for protection in case of an accident. I tried a Google search to find a diagram on how to wire them in & came up with all kinds of stuff for newer vehicles that was quit confusing. Does anyone have a simple diagram on how to wire them in?.

You need an ignition keyed 12v source to the inertia switches power inlet. Feed the inertia switches output to the relay trigger wire. Hook the fuel pumps power input to the output on the relay. Recently I spliced a relay into the ignition switch  (so almost no amps are drawn through the switch) and wired up a secondary fuse box for all future needed keyed 12v. I've already used it for gauges, electric choke, and soon for the ignition signal for electric fans.

Here ya go. This is for a FiTech but could be used on any EFI system. I made is a while back for one of the guys. The relay is from Auto Zone I believe and is a Novita 40A. A new Ford inertia switch can be had for around $60, or much less at a junkyard.

Please see the attached

Fuel pump inertia hookup.pdf