Sean D

351w 408 stroker & timing cover / high flow water pump

5 hours ago, barnett468 said:

hi, sorry, been insanely busy lately so i haven't looked at the site much. will try to do it soon. you can also email me directly if you want. i can send you my email address.

no problem at all.  please feel free to send me your email address.

I have a 393 stroker, using a serpentine set up.  I used an Edelbrock reverse rotation high flow water pump and and a the stock timing cover, as I wanted to use a mechanical fuel pump.  My dipstick remains in the stock position.  There are some pics on my project site "1970 convertible", but have included one here.   Ran the engine on the test stand, works perfectly.

serpentine install.JPG

Vicfreg 

I am running the serpentine belt on my 351w and ran into the same problem. I found that the water ports in the timing covers were on a different angle between the reverse and standard rotation pumps. I think they are some reverse rotation  timing covers tho that  has the boss for the fuel pump that can be drilled but I could never find one. If you are running it that way and not having an over heating problem then i guess everything is cool. I didn't want to chance it.