Sign in to follow this  
dkm004

Wilwood Master on 69 Mach? Input please!

Hey guys.

I just fitted Wilwood 4 piston calipers with 12" rotors front and rear (Power brakes). My Stock master seems to be circling the drain, so a replacement will be necessary soon. After talking to tech 

support at Wilwood Im not (nor was he) certain that their master cylinder measuring 8" will fit as a replacement on a 69. Can anyone chime in here with experience with them or what 

upgraded/after market unit you went for?

Cheers Stralia.

I have a 69 conv with 4whl disc brakes.

i bought the willwood MC to install on the car and it will not fit using the stock booster unless you cut a big ole notch in the tower.

i ended up buying a replacement booster from TUFF STUFF. Their booster was a direct bolt on and I found out that it is basically the same booster used for the boss429 just not concourse correct. 

Using the tuff stuff booster with the willwood MC is an easy fit and an easy conversion. The hardest part was the setup of the spacer that goes in the back of the MC so there is no clearance or lag in the application of the brakes. Carefully measuring and the cutting this spacer was not that hard for me as I have a lathe and lots of measuring instruments

you will have to modify or make your own brake lines from the MC to the dist block as it does move the position of the MC back.

the feel of the brakes is great and is about the same as the stock booster. My car has great brakes. I can stick your nose to the windshield without the brakes feeling touchy or grabby

ifmyou need help with the setup or more information message me and we can talk on the phone

bob

The pictures shows the den I made to fit the Wilwood MC and a Hydraboost unit. Cut out a piece of the shock tower, flip it around and weld it in place again. Or just use a big hammer.

15845368449_5472d6f954_b.jpg

16273553109_e83281876f_b.jpg

This is the best picture I could find of it installed.

33982211561_f99a9a300b_b.jpg