Sign in to follow this  
Mike65

WTB interior lights.

I am not going to use the dome light in my 69 Coupe & wanted to either make sail panels for my Coupe & mount Mach-1 sail panel lights in them or mount them in the side panels below the rear side windows & was wondering if anyone has an old set (doesn't have to be working ones) I can purchase to use to mock up to see if my idea will work before & buy new ones. Even if you only have 1 light that is really all I need.

Those lights were used in the sail panels of a bunch of fords of the same era. If you have a wrecking yard near you you may be able to find a set as well as pull the wiring leading to them

I'm sure I have some but will need to find them

Bob

Buy 2 small LED strips with the lights that project to the sides instead of straight out the top of the strip, then take each strip and stick them to the sail panels at the bottom in the gap between the said panels and your existing roof panel just so they project out but cant really be seen... our sail panel lights SUCK, so I did the 2 LED Strips and put all LED Bulbs in the courtesy lights under the dash and now when I hit the interior lights you can actually see what you are doing in the car... It Glows like a Christmas tree in there now HaHA