bryonbush

Holley 4160 assistance

Seemed to pull good with no noticeable issues. The tach is hooked up to my msd box. We stopped the pull at 5500 per my request but it looked like it peeked out before 5500 anyhow

If it continued to pull past 5500 when you drove it, it did NOT "peak out" on the dyno. It will not continue to pull strong after it reaches max power and you revved it NINE HUNDRED RPM'S higher when you drove it than you did on the dyno . Go back to the dyno and rev it to 6400 rpm like you just did and post the results . You will likely find at least another 20 hp.

And if a connecting rod decides to create a door on the side of your block, let us know.

thats what im trying to avoid! id rather not blow something up for maybe 20 extra numbers. 

So is where im at with my current combo as good as it will get? I need a project for this winter and wondering on keeping the heads and intake but going to a 408 stroker, or going with some trick flow 11R heads now, then stroker later. 

thats what im trying to avoid! id rather not blow something up for maybe 20 extra numbers. 

So is where im at with my current combo as good as it will get? I need a project for this winter and wondering on keeping the heads and intake but going to a 408 stroker, or going with some trick flow 11R heads now, then stroker later.

you said you were happy with hw it runs so why go to a stroker . if you go to a stroker and want big power, you need to get better heads like 11r's or afr 195's at the very least . if your bottom end has stock rods, as someone mentioned, it will likely eventually hurl one or two with your current combo .

you said you were happy with hw it runs so why go to a stroker . if you go to a stroker and want big power, you need to get better heads like 11r's or afr 195's at the very least . if your bottom end has stock rods, as someone mentioned, it will likely eventually hurl one or two with your current combo .

i think it runs fine, but the reason for the stroker is simply for more power. Ive been eyeballing the 11R's but i think for this year ill leave it alone.