jjstang

Full floor pan question

I bought the full floor pan.  After taking a few measurements I'm wondering how to get it the car.  I was planning installing the tinman subframes in first,  but now I'm not sure if the pan will fit thought the door opening.  The quarter window is out and this is a fastback.  Will it fit??

I also put mine thru the windshield as Ridge said. Here is a video though where they put the pan in thru the door window area in a 67 or 68 so if you have the 1/4 window out it may go thru the side windows. 

Dave

Went through the windshield as well. Fun issue with mine, did it by my self and I installed convertible inner rockers, which made the pan a little bit more interesting to install. Best way to go with major floor pan repairs IMO.

IMG_20130819_165428_zpsc04a450f.jpg

I went through the windshield opening also ,all by my self as usual  .It is a bit tough to get it to go far enough back to get under the dash .With the dash out it drops right in .i used a 2x4 down the middle of the trany tunnel to lift up on so the sides could bow down a little ,and not make a big crash when it finally made it in .Really isn't that hard but a pain in the butt to handle because of the size .

Went through the windshield as well. Fun issue with mine, did it by my self and I installed convertible inner rockers, which made the pan a little bit more interesting to install. Best way to go with major floor pan repairs IMO.

IMG_20130819_165428_zpsc04a450f.jpg

Done a few converts ,even though there is no roof you still have to get under the back seat braces and up under the inner rockers ,it's a good ole finger pinching time .