Sign in to follow this  
69mach1build

How should I bolt on my hood scoop?

I picked up an oversized fiberglass boss 429 hood scoop that does have an internal mounting flange on the sides and rear.

I am planning on drilling 4 holes down each side and 3 across the back. Then using some bolts with a rubber washer on each sandwiched between the scoop and hood to dampen the friction a bit. What would you guys suggest?post-45307-0-31907300-1466018400.jpgpost-45307-0-69580500-1466018476.jpg

Just using rubber washers at the bolts between the scoop and the hood will leave a gap between the the scoop/hood between the bolts. If you're worried about the hood being scuffed probably better off finding something to make a gasket out of that goes around the whole perimeter of the scoop.

Looks good, where did you pick that up?

Edit; I it was me I'd just bolt it on and forget about the washers/gasket. If you ever decide to remove it any scuffing won't matter with all the bolt holes showing lol.

Between the scoop and the bolts I would use a metal washer and that's it.

Then on the underside of the hood I used a nylon washer so I would not scratch the paint as I was tightening the nuts.

Bob