Sign in to follow this  
Bump69

Reverse eye tire size

I have a 69 fastback with 1 inch lowering springs and the Shelby drop up front and 5 leaf reverse eyes out back. I currently run 215/40r17s up front and 275/35r18 drag radials out back with a 5.5 backspace and rolled lips, 40 series would fit. The car has a built 466 in it and traction is a joke so I'm thinking I want to go 15s with skinnys up front and as much meat as I can get out back. Anyone know what might fit with the stance of my car? Was thinking like a 15x9 or 15x10 in the rear but not to sure on offsets, I would love to get a 275/60r15 under it but don't know if I can make it work with the reverse eyes. As for the skinnys I have no idea on that.

I've heard some say they've run 15X10s with a lil over 6" B/S, but also required wheel well/bump stop mods. 15X9s think work with 5.5" B/S, but I personally have not tried either. With your lips rolled you shouldn't have any issues with a 255/60-15 on 15X8s as that's what I run with minor rubbing non rolled lips (think 4.5" B/S but can't remember lol). I have about 2.5" clearance to the Leafs so with more B/S it might work.

At any rate being the tolerances on these cars vary so much what clears one, might not clear on the next, so your best bet is to measure your car. That way you know what will fit.

I run 275/40/18's on the back of mine with reverse eye springs, but also have a 65-66 width rear housing in the car.

We have run a 275/60/15 on my friends Mach 1, and they fit but would rub on big bumps...He didn't have the fender lips rolled tho.