stangnet33

WTB '69 AM/FM radio

You probably already know this but '69 AM/FM radios are kinda rare and thus fairly expensive when you do find one. If you're not concerned with originality, any radio up through the early '80's will fit in a '69 and can be found for less than $100.

I put a '74 in mine. If you're goofy like me, you can replace the lettering with one of these decals and make it look like a '69 (at least to the untrained eye)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1969-1970-Ford-Mustang-AM-FM-Radio-Face-Decal-/391319132710?hash=item5b1c701a26:m:m3FGkb6V_KopNG5sVnwPZ6w&vxp=mtr

post-1146-0-30418500-1463410767.jpg

As  raven said, they are rare and pricey. I have one myself, and have repaired them for others in the forum. I have seen several on ebay for asking prices of about $1000.   They did not sell, so I do not know what a reasonable actual sale price would be.  Could easily be $500.  The other thing about the 69 AM/FM was they were not that great of a radio. That year also did not have a fader between front and back speakers.  Starting in about 1972 they had the fader, and added the front slider for balance between left and right speakers.  The radios stayed looking about the same for the next 12 years or so.  After about 1975 the sound also improved, and in about 1978 the radio reception also improved.  So if you buy one from about 1980, it will have a slider balance knob, a fader control ( between front and back speakers), and  better sound and reception. When equipped with an external audio amplifier and good speakers, they really put out great sound. They all fit right in the same place, and look almost exactly like the original radio.  Prices for them on fleabay are in the $50 to $100 range.  

I might have one that I could sell, I have sold them to others in this forum.  I can also install external MP3 audio inputs and Bluetooth receivers in them, if interested.