Sign in to follow this  
timsmustang

Headlight Bulb Orientation

Today I was assembling my headlights on my project and I noticed that the bulbs are not oriented in any particular way.  This seems odd to me because it appears that the light from the bulbs is not thrown forward but rather upward.

What I mean is, the bulb itself has vertical/horizontal lines on the lenses.  I assumed that the bulb would install with the lines either horizontal or vertical.  My outer bulbs are turned at an angle and don't match each other.  The inners are turned so the lines are vertical and do match.  I just want to make sure I have the correct bulb buckets.  My inners are marked 'H' and the right outer is marked 'L' and the left outer is marked 'LL'

By the way, I do understand that the bulbs only fit one way in the buckets due to the tabs on the bulbs...

These are also the original bulbs...or they at least have the Ford script.

Tim

you must have a 69

bulbs are not marked left or right but there is an inner and outer.

all the bulbs are 6014 style

the originals say T3 on them.

when correctly installed, the lines will nor run at an angle.

Do you have reproduction headlight buckets? If so, there are some reproduction pieces out there with the tab cutouts in the wrong place. I ran into that with my 69.  Had to cut and weld them to get them in the right place.  NPD's website even mentions this in their product description.

Do you have reproduction headlight buckets? If so, there are some reproduction pieces out there with the tab cutouts in the wrong place. I ran into that with my 69.  Had to cut and weld them to get them in the right place.  NPD's website even mentions this in their product description.

Mine were repo also and had to cut and weld a couple of the tabs too. There were a couple of the buckets the notches were not spaced correctly either and had to recut them in a different place no way the headlights would set in the notches no matter how you orientate the lamp.

Dave