blueblood

Billet Master Cyl

Hi - I replaced the stock one by a modern aluminium unit from a ford explorer : several options are available.

You will need to make 2 brake line (20 $).The one I have used

http://www.dormanproducts.com/p-13226-m390269.aspx?make=Ford&model=Explorer&parttype=Master%20Cylinder&origin=YMMT

A nice thread about :

http://fyi.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=2488

I choose the biggest one as I have big superlite's caliper in the front and 4 pistons brembo's on the rear.

Pedal feel is firm and not spongy : sporty feeling

if you want a more smooth pedal you can take a smaller bore MC

I know Wilwood sells them.

Wilwood has a bolt on with pushrod that replaces the Master and booster, making a manual brake system.

I'm looking for something like the Wilwood master that works with the factory booster.

I put a willwood MC on the 69 and like was said it will not fit. It is longer than the original MC so it hits the tower.

I ended up replacing the booster with a smaller one from TUFF STUFF. It is the same unit that was used on the boss9 cars.

Direct fit and works very well. Cost was around $200 for a new one in Crome. I think the black ones are under $150.

Highly recomend the swap as it looks good and leaves more room in that area of the compartment

Bob

The wilwood's are available in 15/16-1 and 1-1/16.. the length is the same - 1/2 inch too long for the 69 with brake booster

the modern aluminum for explorer is really nice and light - fitting is tight : need to bolt it to the booster and then the package to the firewall otherwise there is a lack of space to bolt it.

Cost wise it is also much cheaper, even with the cost of modifying or replacing the brake lines from MC to the distributor valve.