Sign in to follow this  
prayers1

Need sending unit measurement

If someone can get me the measurement of the sending units float arm fully extended, that would be great.

I'm trying to determine where a Aeromotive 200 fuel pump will fit on the 1969 20 gallon tank, in the center or rear corner?

With the measurement I can figure where to place the pumps baffle so that it will not interfere with the float, also need to keep in mind that the filler tube doesn't come in contact as well.

I do not have a tank or sending unit available to inspect.  IMO, it looks like the pump could be mounted in the center, that's if the sending units float doesn't hit the pumps baffle.

Thanks for your help!

John, I have an old 69 tank with the sending unit still in it. I'm not sure what measurement you want. You need the length from pivot to the end of the float as it would be when I take it out of the tank. 

Dave

Dave, Imagine if you were to place the pump in the center of the tank in between the sending unit and filler neck, will the sending units float contact the fuel pumps baffle which measures 6 1/4" when it lifts up when the fluid level rises?

I'm trying to determine when the float lifts up and sticks out the furthest will the baffle have enough clearance between the float and filler neck.

Here's a picture of the baffle, so you can get an ideal what I'm talking about.

Thanks!

18689_1024x1024_zpsrxn2tjjf.jpg

Dave, I just discovered that a Folgers Coffee Plastic jar is 6 1/4" round which is the same size as the baffle.

I placed it top of my tank, in between the filler neck and sending unit, but closer to the filler neck and to me it looks like the float will hit.

Let me know what you think.  I might have to place the pump in one of the front corners.

Thank you!

In the picture is a C8 on the right and a C9 on the left.  Measurement taken from the center of the mounting plate to the end of the float.  The C8 measures, fully extended 10-1/2".  Add 2" for the C9 and there you have it.  Another opinion/measurement is always a good idea.  Brian

post-33155-0-74222300-1455996461.jpg

John,  In my opinion I don't believe you're going to get it in the middle if you are using a stock 69 tank. It would be nice if you could get it right where the original pickup tube is but it looks as tho you will have to move to the passenger side or to the drivers side. 

Dave