stangman69

FS - Control arms/Neg.Wedge/strut rods/ctrl.arm drop - $375

FS -

Parts will fit any 67 - 70 Mustang (coupe, convert., fastback)

--Upper and lower control arms
--Negative wedge kit (provides more negative wedge = MUCH better tire contact to road during cornering)
--Upper control arm lowering kit (lower controls arms for better angles)
--Strut rods with bushings
--Spring perches - may need new bushings

Parts are new, installed then removed - no miles at all.

Buy this setup and one of the pairs of coil springs I also have listed and you're ready to replace the entire front suspension setup on your 67-70 Mustang and make it a serious driver's car in an easy Saturday of work.

I have a straight Monte Carlo bar as well - ties the front shock towers together to stiffen the front end. See also my listing for two pairs of coil springs (aftermarket - both pairs progressive rate). Springs and Monte Carlo bar available separately although I could do a package deal for the whole lot.

Also listed in the Raleigh, NC Craiglist...

Thanks,

Nate

post-360-0-64166600-1452801629.jpg

post-360-0-08237000-1452801647.jpg

Sixt9' -

I would be willing to ship. I'd guess it'd be $50 or so. I'll have to box it up and take it to the shipping place and get a quote for you. Can you give me an address and zip? PM it to me maybe?

The negative wedge kits does work fine with the Shelby drop. This kit includes a drop template for each side to guide your new drilled control arm mounting holes and three bolt machined aluminum wedges that relocate and change the ball joint angle as it bolts to the upper control arm. This change in angle combined with the Shelby style drop gives you dramatically increased negative wedge so when you take a turn, the tire doesn't roll outward at the top and unload the bottom edge (reducing traction). Your tire stays even or slightly top in when taking a turn increasing traction surface. Add in the benefit of lowering your center of gravity and if you go with a slightly stiffer spring (got a set to sell) and you're talking about a serious improvement in handling even if you change nothing else.

I had a Flaming River steering box with a faster ratio, the negative wedge kit and a bump steer correcting kit, an MC bar and one piece export brace and did the Shelby drop on the stiffer springs. My plan was to rock this combo. I was given a bit of money for Christmas one year and ended up springing for a full tubular coil over front suspension setup. Cost was around $1200+ as I recall.

You could take my kit, add a fast ratio steering box like the Flaming River unit, add a set of rollerized spring perches al la Opentracker, boxing plates to all four control arms and if you wanted to go full bore, roller bearings to the control arms as well and you'd have a solid, stock based front suspension that would provide a great handling smooth ride and would look stock. I've heard this kind of setup is legal for stock class racing as well. This is the direction I was going until I got the Christmas cash gift.

Long winded response but you asked...:)

Nathan