machm1970

Help choosing an AOD

It's like everything else, how much do you want to spend and so on.  I have an AOD I am building for mine.  The late 80's and early 90's is the best case it has reinforced bolt holes where the earlier ones weren't. I am told you can use the wide ratio gear set form a 4r70w too. You can use a 4r70w trans too if you want with after market controller so lots of ways to do it and as I said how much are you willing to spend. There's a forum you can go to that has a lot of good info I can't remember the name right now but if you google AOD transmissions you will find it. There's a guy on there goes by the name silver fox that really knows his stuff.

Dave

Found the link:     http://www.clickclickracing.com/forums/forum.php

Don't know what gear you have now but you may have to change it too. A 373 gear or so seems to be everyones choice for an AOD

look into the AODE/4r70w swap. its literally a plug and play operation that you can adjust to shift any way you can think and desire. if you have any questions, soot me an email and there's others here who have done the swap as well. 

ClickClickracing.com is about Ford Overdrive Transmissions. Theres a guy over there that goes by the name Silverfox, he built my AOD and had it shipped to my house. He builds the valve bodies so that you don't have to mess with the TV Cable, just take out the slack and thats it.  You can reach him at silverfoxtrans.com.  Take a look at his page and you'll see all the options available.  I've had my trans for a year and it works great. Tell him the guy from Arkansas with a 351 Cleveland send ya.