prayers1

Which Leaf Spring to use?

Well I have a set of mid-eyes coming tomorrow. It will be very interesting tom see how they fit. From my experience this is no exact figure on a stock height to base from. For some unknown reason the same set of leaf springs will vary on each vehicle. I'm hoping the mid-eyes are a perfect fit.  If not I'd go back to the first set and either re arch the spring or make a homemade set of shorter shackles.

Just found out about a company an hour away called Fleet Pride they work big rigs and trailers. They also specialize in leaf springs.

They can de-arch my springs for $175, that's me taking them off and bringing them there.

It will be interesting to see how the mid eyes fit. With 5.5" of backspacing,  your about as far inwards as you can go with that. Getting the cars to sit right can take a lot of effort. I hope this works out for you.

I'm running a 4.6 leaf REVERSE Eye spring with an 18" Rim with 6" of BS and it fits with about 3/4" from the leaf...tires are 275/40/18s.

For some reason my Reverse eye springs don't sit as low as my friends Mid eye's do LOL...and I have several thousand miles on them.

I am in the process of finding some new Wheels and tires and I am leaning towards 17's all the way around or a 17/18 combo, OR may just put 15" all the way around LOL

Well here it is, I installed the Mid-Eyes that sat to my desired height (27 1/2"),  but as others mentioned the up and down body travel was too much that resulted in bottoming out the tire. If I had a skinnier tire it would be fine, but I'm in for the fat tire look.  I do have options of mini tubs or shortening the rear, but since I'm at the end of this build, I'd rather enjoy the car instead of letting it sit out another Summer.

I guess, I was spoiled by the air shocks that allowed me to lower the car to 27 1/2" w/o bottoming out.  For some reason, I thought stiffer 5 leaf springs would not have much travel.

I'm keeping the1st set of leafs and hope with in time it will settle, I still don't like that its a little higher in back.

Thanks for all of your support!

With Mid-Eyes @ 27 1/2" ground to 1/4 panel apex.

DSC03452_zpseuqe9wbl.jpg