TX427Cobra

My Boss 302 Trans Am

Yep, trunk splatter it is.  Its called Zolatone.  http://www.quest-ip.com/trusted-brands/zolatone/

Bud Moore started using it to hide "inconsistencies" in the sheet metal.  It diffuses the eye a bit and makes it hard to see surface irregularities, which seemed to appear wherever liberties were taken in the spirit of being competitive.  Its not cheap, but its a badass coating.  Requires epoxy primer first, then its shot through a primer gun in two passes.  The little paint pellets explode on contact and give the splatter look. Its not rubberized like bedliner, its very hard and smooth, sorta like shark or stingray skin.  After applying it I realized I spent way too much time perfecting weld seams and sheet metal joints.  It could have hid a lot of messy handiwork.

What a bitchin car TX427Cobra! Do you have any pics of the quick release steering hub mod? Thanks for sharing your car.

Thanks, no other pics handy. All I did was mill down the splined hub adapter to work with the OEM spacer at a position I liked (it was originally about 2.75" long and I took about an inch off) and then Mig welded it onto the shaft.  Everything else behind that spacer is new OEM.  

Edit>>>Bob, just saw your build thread, let me know if you want more pics or info and I will get you whatever you want.  ;-)

Jim

Thanks, i found a new thing to do to my car lol... 

Yep, trunk splatter it is.  Its called Zolatone.  http://www.quest-ip.com/trusted-brands/zolatone/

Bud Moore started using it to hide "inconsistencies" in the sheet metal.  It diffuses the eye a bit and makes it hard to see surface irregularities, which seemed to appear wherever liberties were taken in the spirit of being competitive.  Its not cheap, but its a badass coating.  Requires epoxy primer first, then its shot through a primer gun in two passes.  The little paint pellets explode on contact and give the splatter look. Its not rubberized like bedliner, its very hard and smooth, sorta like shark or stingray skin.  After applying it I realized I spent way too much time perfecting weld seams and sheet metal joints.  It could have hid a lot of messy handiwork.

Edit>>>Bob, just saw your build thread, let me know if you want more pics or info and I will get you whatever you want.  ;-)

Jim

Thanks Jim.