Sign in to follow this  
Chelby-Ann

Head Lights - What's the deal with this?

I can't believe I have this issue with the headlights. When the low beams are on, the high beams have a glow! I am confidant in my wire hook ups (AAW KIT) and proud of my grounds. New headlight switch (AAW KIT) and new high beam switch (AAW kit). One thing I made sure I did was make good ground contact EVERYWHERE. This is the only wiring issue I have right now. Any suggestions or ideas on where I can start trouble shooting? Thanks

post-14323-0-96411300-1426554027.jpg

Have to agree with Midlife, likely something around the dimmer switch as that is the only way the high beams get any juice. In low, the low portion of the high/low bulb is energized, in high the high portion of the high/low and the high bulb gets juice.

I'd say dimmer especially since it's not full on as the high filaments are simply tied together wiring wise, at least in the factory harness.

Have to tell us what you figure out. I'd pull the dimmer and just jump across it with a wire and see what you get. Get the same then wiring harness issue, works ok then dimmer switch.

Good Luck...

Stephen

I have been chasing wiring issues with my AAW kit as well.... I havent installed bulbs yet and sure as hell hope that this isnt on my list of crap to fix. 

Looking forward to hearing the resolution.

Possibly remove all of the headlamp grounds and reattatch 1 at a time to see if the Hi beams are affected. 

PROBLEM SOLVED. THANKS.
After reading all of the replies and reviewing the AAW Schematic I had the lt green and the tan wire reveresed in the socket. So in the end it was operator error. shocked.png My Low/High beams all work correctly now. All of my directionals and driving lights are working correctly also.

post-14323-0-51808400-1427066109.jpg

post-14323-0-93050700-1427066127.jpg

Its the drivers side low beam that has a 3 prong socket. American Auto Wire has a light green, tan and ground wire going to the first socket. The ground looped from the low beam to the hi beam as well as the light green. The tan goes from one prong on the low beam to the passenger low beam.