The hood on my car sits a little high at the back and in front of the Cowl vent.  I need to lower it about 1/4" to be even with the cowl and fenders.  Looking at the shop manual #3  pg.17-03-10 it seems 3 bolts at each fender wall and hinge is all there is to it ?  Loosen the 3 bolts, one side/hinge, at a time push down and re-tighten ?  Keep it simple.  Thanks,  Brian

post-33155-0-81759900-1426385222.jpg

Is it a original ford hood or a repro?

I have had to lengthen the slots on the hinges at the rear apron mounting to get the rear of the hood low enough on two cars when using a repro hood. 

If its a ford hood, you just need to lower the hinge.

Good tips on hood alignment here.  It's for a Falcon, but they mount the same way.

http://falconccwa.stormloader.com/bonhint.htm

Are your hood hinges new or are you reusing old hinges? That was a common problem that the hood would stick up in the rear by the hinges, if you can push down on the hood & it sits flush again until the next time you open it the hinges are sprung & need to be replaced. Had that same problem back in the 70's & 80's on  69 & 70 Mustang Coupes I owned back then.

Loosen the top bolt and the back bottom bolt on the hinge down at the apron ,loose enough the hinge will move .Just barely loosen the front bolt ,you dont want the hinge to drop .Gently lift on the front of the hood and the hinge should roll down in the back ,tighten the bolts while still holding the hood up ,carefully close the hood down and check the height but watch the back as you do because the hood may move back also .If it does move back and the height looks good adjust the hood forward at the top two hinge bolts .If it drops to low reverse the bolt down ,lifting up on the front of the hood lowers the back ,pushing down on the front of the hood will raise the back of the hood with the hinge blots loose .