Glenn83

Centre consoles

The 69 Mach 1 I purchased May last year (2014) had a new aftermarket console set in place but not fixed or wired up, so I had a chance to see it up close and see how strong and well made it was. Unfortunately I can not identify where it was purchased.

The body is plastic and strong enough to support its own weight without warping. The holes for screws are uniform, with no burrs or splits. The fit of the lid and buckle holders was exact. The faux wood stickers were perfectly applied with no air bubbles. Lid operates perfectly, the soft top pad is firm but soft.

could not ask for better. One of the better aftermarket items I have purchased.

I don't mean to hijack this post but maybe one of you can answer a question about my center console. There are 2 pockets in the console and I assume those are for storing the seat belt buckles. The bottom of each pocket in my console has a slot in it. Pictures on various websites show a tab or fin sticking up from the bottom of the pockets. Again, I assume these fins are for the buckles to fit over. Are those fins removable or did someone cut them out of my console? Thanks. Dave R.

The console I have had the fins that the belt was actually push onto as a separate item installed from the bottom that was riveted into the cup on one side and a screw on the other? Weird that they are different. I actually removed them to clean up the hack that was done to the plastic around the cup for some reason.

Stephen

I just had another look at my console and Protowrxs appears to be correct.  There is a plate on the bottom of the cups that is riveted on.  The screws in the cup that go in from the top go into a bracket underneath that hold the center section in place in the console.  Would the tabs be available separately?

I highly doubt it mauleta, you in the US? PM me and I can send you the one I pulled out.

I may measure it first so I can make a 3D model and print another one if needed.

This one is not going to be used as my console top was mangled and my seat belts have seat belt stays so it's not needed.

going to turn the hole into a cup holder or coin tray or something else.

Stephen